Lankhmar Setting?

Reveille

Mongoose
I could have sworn that I spied an expansion from the RuneQuest/Glorantha line that said something about a Lankhmar book. Hath mine eyes deceived me?

Frukathka said:
I could have sworn that I spied an expansion from the RuneQuest/Glorantha line that said something about a Lankhmar book. Hath mine eyes deceived me?

I'm writing it right now. Well, actually, I'm typing this and drinking tea, but Lankhmar is open in another window.

Dead Blue Clown said:
Frukathka said:

I'm writing it right now. Well, actually, I'm typing this and drinking tea, but Lankhmar is open in another window.

Tea? I hope its cold tea. I could not drink tea during the current heat wave :). (in Vienna we have today 35°C)

Lankhmar. Very good. I like Leiber. May I ask which type of magic do you intend to use for Lankhmar? Can you give a description or at least some hints about this?

Enpeze said:
Tea? I hope its cold tea. I could not drink tea during the current heat wave :). (in Vienna we have today 35°C)

Lankhmar. Very good. I like Leiber. May I ask which type of magic do you intend to use for Lankhmar? Can you give a description or at least some hints about this?

It's hot tea. I know, I know, I'm crazy. But I can't work without tea. I can barely work in the heat anyway, though it's better in the last 2 days.

Also, not Rune Magic. And magic is not going to be common at all. At this stage, that's all I can say. I'll be more chatty about this particular part of the book in a couple of weeks.

Dead Blue Clown said:
Enpeze said:

It's hot tea. I know, I know, I'm crazy. But I can't work without tea. I can barely work in the heat anyway, though it's better in the last 2 days.

Also, not Rune Magic. And magic is not going to be common at all. At this stage, that's all I can say. I'll be more chatty about this particular part of the book in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your fast reply. I like the approach that magic is not common as it should be in Lankhmar. I am really looking forward to your Lankhmar book.

Will be your Lankhmar book the only one which is for the setting? Or will there be other source books or adventures?

Enpeze said:
Thanks for your fast reply. I like the approach that magic is not common as it should be in Lankhmar. I am really looking forward to your Lankhmar book.

Thanks, man. I really appreciate that.

To be slightly more informative, the reason I can't drop hints about the magic system is because that's the part that I have 2 groups of suckers playtesting last week, this week, and next week. So I'm not sure which of the 3 systems I'll settle on yet, though whichever way it is, it'll be appropriately rare.

Someone described Lankhmar as "Swords versus Sorcery" on a forum somewhere and I liked that a lot. It's the flavour I'm going for (though, yeah, some characters will be able to fling a spell or two if they work at it).

EDIT: And no, it's not the only book in the line. There's a follow-up release expanding on the wider world of Nehwon, like the City of Ghouls, Ilthmar, Quarmall, the Cold Wastes and so on. After that "scenario support" is on the cards as I understand it.

Greetings

It is ages since I have read or looked at Lankhmar - sounds interesting though. Leiber's style was very different from the 'find and use the most powerful magic' approach.

One of the bits I recall was a small kitten attaching itself to the heroes when they were dealing with the invasion of rats and ratmen.

Regards

Sorry, I don't remember where I saw it, but it must have been on this site. Help, somebody who knows?

I summon thee, Dead Blue Clown! Arise!

Frukathka said:
Can I please get a link? I'd like to refer a friend to the page.

All the MRQ stuff, inclduing Lankhmar, are listed on Amazon.com. Have your friend go to amazon and search for RuneQuest.

Have a look at www.amazon.com and search for RuneQuest... you will find more books than announced on the Mongoose website. :D

andakitty said:
Sorry, I don't remember where I saw it, but it must have been on this site. Help, somebody who knows?

I am superfluous. This forum is full of too many efficient people.

Dead Blue Clown said:
andakitty said:

I am superfluous. This forum is full of too many efficient people.

Does Mongoose intend to support the Lanhkmar setting with additional material like a campaign or at least some adventures?

Enpeze said:
Does Mongoose intend to support the Lanhkmar setting with additional material like a campaign or at least some adventures?

A single Guide to Nehwon and "scenario support" is what seems to be on the cards, after the main Lankhmar Campaign Setting.

Dead Blue Clown said:
Enpeze said:

A single Guide to Nehwon and "scenario support" is what seems to be on the cards, after the main Lankhmar Campaign Setting.

Ah interesting. thanks for the info.

Dead Blue Clown said:
There's a tiny extract on my blog.

Thanks for sharing. I ran Lankhmar games in many systems. I had been considering doing it in d20 Conan next time. From what I've read of Runequest it looks perfect. Just let me know when I can order it! :D

Back