Klingons on the Starboard Bow - UK Tournament April 28th

I am planning on making the trip. But I have to price it out. So far, the flight from Frankfurt to London looks very doable, but I cannot find anywhere to get train ticket prices. Does anyone know how to navigate the British Rail site to find prices? Also are there any youth hostels or hotels in Swindon?

We'll post a list of suitable hotels early next month - they will all be in walking distance/short taxi ride to the office.

As for trains, try thetrainline.com for a start.

Fleet List question:

Can use any of the civilian shipping in your fleet list if you haev spare points there and there ?

Not thinking of using the tractor trap with a large freighter are you?

Both ships have crew quality 4, and the large freighter gets +11 to it's opposed crew quality check so auto wins against every military ship in the game, allowing it to tow even an enemy dreadnought six inches, or just hold it in place and prevent it from moving or turning, thus allowing your warships to come up behind it and sit where most of it's weapons can't track you and blow holes in it.

And of course any small or large freighter someone manages to blow up does 20 attack dice of explosion damage.

So yeah, I think civilian ships should be banned from the tourney.

wow not thought of that - thats horrible :shock:

I was thinking of the cheap stupidly durable Iniaitive sink - but yeah that breaks the game big time :)

you can also ram your towed ship throuhg an asteroid field :evil:

Or a Black Hole.

Given the ridiculous punishment freighters can take and that there aren't rules to capture a ship by boarding I think freighters can be really abused.

I'll write up a convoy scenario and special rules this weekend and post them for people to playtest before submitting it to Matt for whatever ACTA e-zine he's planning.

I'm thinking about attending, however, the only miniatures I have so far are the Klingon squadron set and the fleet box is still pre-order. Following the errata, the ships in the squadron box add up to 1005 points.

Could I use a D7 miniature as a D5 to bring the points down to 1000? If not, can anyone offer any alternatives?

Gven that it is now half way through Febraury and no sign of my Klingon ships Looks like I'll have to give this a miss.

Apologies, but it seems the best solution.

We'll have a firm date later this week. Even if we are all sitting around tables making wooshing sounds with our hands because there are no minis, we will go ahead!

If we provide our whooshing sounds, does that mean we get our money back?

Seriously though, if we can't make the new date; can we have our money back or will you give us a credit towards the next tourney?

To be honest Matt, this is all getting a bit frustrating, we want to play, but it seems we can't! I do hope this is sorted soon, as I am becoming very disillusioned! :cry:

msprange said:
Apologies, but it seems the best solution.

We'll have a firm date later this week. Even if we are all sitting around tables making wooshing sounds with our hands because there are no minis, we will go ahead!

Wooshing sounds, how childish :lol: :wink:

Much better to hum the Klingon attack theme from the first movie 8)

Digger said:
If we provide our whooshing sounds, does that mean we get our money back?

Seriously though, if we can't make the new date; can we have our money back or will you give us a credit towards the next tourney?

To be honest Matt, this is all getting a bit frustrating, we want to play, but it seems we can't! I do hope this is sorted soon, as I am becoming very disillusioned! :cry:

Of course - we guarantee everything we do.

And we'll make it up to you on the day, we promise ;)

Captain Jonah said:
Much better to hum the Klingon attack theme from the first movie 8)

Funny you should say that - that was _exactly_ the tune we were planning to be playing as you all walked in :)

Back