Judge Dredd Apocalypse War Feedback

judgedoug

Mongoose
Hi all,
here's my feedback thread for the Apocalypse War rules for Judge Dredd. I will be playing a game this Saturday so I'll have more proper feedback then.

First glance, however, Lawmasters are weird. Additionally a normal Judge on a Lawmaster can become 'crippled' which doesn't make sense to me (just get off the bike!) because it's a multhit model.

Judges should be able to exit Lawmasters. I propose Lawmasters may be added for +50 points as normal, but just provide the following benefits:

Lawmaster: The Judge's statline becomes a Lawmaster (below) until the Lawmaster is destroyed (or voluntarily abandonded). A Judge may either fire the Bike Cannon or his Lawgiver during a Shoot action. A Judge may abandon a Lawmaster at the beginning of a Move action, in which case the Judge reverts back to his normal statline.

Code:
Type          Move  Close Combat   Target  Armour  WtF        Traits
Lawmaster     12"     as rider      4+      4+     as rider   Hits 2
The Lawmaster is equipped with Bike Cannon.

Also, the Widowmaker 2000 wasn't introduced until 2114, and the Apocalypse War is 2104, so technically shouldn't be available for Judges.

Lawmasters should also have a Laser Cannon in addition to the Bike Cannon. Additionally they can fire stun gas grenades, here's my quick take on the rules for that:

Stun Gas Grenades: When a unit with Stun Gas Grenades performs a successful Charge action against an enemy, they charged enemy not React to the Charge action.

Lawgiver
Ricochet: Lawgiver changes its Shooting Dice to 2xD6 and ignores any Cover the target may be in.

Back