Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More Pre-Generated Adventures

• Floorplans/Block Generators,etc

• Total voters

Dredd Times

Administrator
Again a simple poll to see what people would like to see come out to support the Judge Dredd Roleplaying Game. Please feel free to add as many comments as possible.

Marc

I'm torn between A Guide to Cursed Earth and pregenerated adventures.
Those are always good for a busy GM. But I chose the Cursed Earth by just a slim margin.

I was torn between the same two. I agree as a GM those would get the most use. However, a Dredd game would be back-up to my Conan campaign, so I'd find pre-generated adventures more useful. Throw it out every once in awhile when we're not in Hyboria.

Man, this is a tough one. I voted for Cursed Earth as that is one book that has always been outstanding, and could be most versatile. I also know that a the people who do not play the d20 verison of Judge Dredd, would still snap this one up since it's been absent for so long...

However, the other suggestions in the poll were also great ones, so I decided to rank them:

1) A Guide to the Cursed Earth
2) A Guide to Judges of the World
3) More Pre-Generated Adventures
4) Floorplans/Block Generators,etc
5) A Guide to Luna-1
6) A Guide to Alien Speices
7) A Guide to Oz
8) A Guide to the Space Corps
9) A Guide to the Dark Judges

And as another option, a guide to Mega-City One would be cool. There is so much to this city, it'd be cool to explore things like the Bonzai Battalion, Vehicles, People, Jobs, Locations, etc.

Arabin

I put my voite towards "A Guide to Judges of the World" - when I stopped reading 200AD and RPGing back at the end of the '80s the world was largely hidden from us (except a bit about EM-1 and Brit-Cit) so, now I'm back I'd like to see what the rest of the mythology looks like...

I have been asking for a poster of the world judges for a while now. Oneday my dreams will be met :)

You might also be interested in the newly published GN by DC Comics. They rereleased the "Judgement Day" storyline in a great format, and there are lots of images of judges from around the world in there. Some of the artwork is better than others, but it's a fantastic story in it's own right. My favourite part would have to be the ending of Part 12... anyone else read that?

Arabin

It's gotta be a guide to the Cursed Earth. Outside of the Big Meg this is the one place that Dredd has travelled to the most.
It must incude stats for the Missionary Man, though. I was more than a little disappointed when Armitage went AWOL from the Brit Cit guide.
Personally, I'm not too interested in adventures. I have to confess that I was less than impressed with FED; there were plot holes in that you could have driven a mopad through.
Good source material suggests adventures, so keep the Rookies guides coming.

voted for judges round the world and before arabin moans again at me am looking at a slaine crossover so have a ever exspanding library of dredd goodies and am thinking of running both dredd and lone wolf when slaine comes to a end.(while still collecting conan :? )

saint said:
Personally, I'm not too interested in adventures. I have to confess that I was less than impressed with FED; there were plot holes in that you could have driven a mopad through.

I agree that FED was far from the best adventure ever. I have not yet run the Kazan Gambit trilogy, but I have a feeling it's be just as loose, and I'll have to make up a lot in preperation of running it.

That being said though, not all scenarios are below par. I strongly recommend you take a look at The Awakening. Ask if you can browse through it at your LGS, and you will see straight away that the layout and attention to detail is vastly improved. My judges are not high enough level to run through this yet, but I'm looking forward to taking them there.

There have also been some very nice scenarios in S&P. All I'm saying is, don't give up on all Dredd adventures just because of one bad apple :)

Arabin

toothill man said:
voted for judges round the world and before arabin moans again at me am looking at a slaine crossover so have a ever exspanding library of dredd goodies and am thinking of running both dredd and lone wolf when slaine comes to a end.(while still collecting conan :? )

Heh, you are more than welcome to post on the Dredd posts Tootyman :) I was only trying to keep the post on topic... and I included a smiley face too!

I would also love to see Judges of the World, and think that would be a great resource for all future products that deal with Judges.

I noticed in a recent Megazine, they added cutouts for Dredd and Slaine (Issue 225 I think) from the archives. It would be great to have the full length body shots of the uniform in a guide to Judges around the World. Full color of course.

Arabin

We need a Judge Dredd non-smiley

*If* there is going to be a 2nd edition (pleasepleaseplease) and it doesn't come out until 2006, there really *needs* to be some stuff in the mean time. Without anything new, people are liable to forget about the game. I'm thinking at least two: Cursed Earth and maybe a general book for world judges or whatever else there is a need for.

I take your point that not all printed adventures are bad.
(Personally, I've always liked to write my own adventures; for me that's half the fun.)
I just feel that if you are going to expend resources on a book then make it source material that we can all benefit from, rather than an adventure that only some people might use.
S & P is the perfect place for adventures and its right and proper that they should continue to be featured in its hallowed pages.
I know I came down firmly on the side of a Cursed Earth supplement, but I won't deny that a book detailing the various justice departments around the world would also be welcome.

I agree that since there can only be so many books published, it would be better all round to have sourcebooks, especially as there as so many more that need to be written.

S&P is great for scenarios, and as was proven recently, it's quite possible to split an adventure over two issues. I would also be willing to pay to download PDF adventures or sourcebooks if that is the route Mongoose decides to take. I prefer to have a hardcopy, but PDFs are better than nothing.

Arabin

Back