its been a while...

rico chay

Mongoose
yo all u new people, im just gettin back in and need some info...

1st: anything about the Viking "shed on jets" been herd?

2nd: who are the forth!?

you dare call us new!!!
Stoat hahaha.

Um, yeah we havent heard much about the viking, we will probably have to wait until April for the pre-painted version.

The Forth are a race created by those fine blokes at Mongoose.

Im dubious as whether Im interested in them, nice minis, different style though.

OOHHH MAN! :shock:

OK, the Forth are an alien race that ride around in meccha similar to the Invid from Robotech.

The Dropships won't be out for a while largely due to the whole SST EVO thing. By the way- SST is going the pre-paint route. Next year there will be
revised rules and new box sets of pre-painted miniatures. There will be VERY VERY few releases for SST untill April (I could have the month wrong but I at least know it's in the Spring) of next year.

Welcome back! :D

ricochay,

welcome back.

We have seen pictures of pre-paint figs,
In January Mongoose is releasing their first pre-painted minis game called Battlefield: Evolution. It is a near-future game placed 10-15 years in the future with current modern and proposed combat units in a semi-fictional future.

The rules system is supposed to be relatively compatible with the new SST: Evolution system pre-painted units to start release April 2007 with new Rulebook to include all Four existing armies at that time: MI, Arachnid, Skinnies, Forth with multiple sub-army types for each Species Army. This major revision of SST is supposed to eliminate most if not all of the current rules problems and clkarify many rules. Streamlined (as in less rules conflicts) but not simplified to 10 year old level.

Certain Tactical elements are supposed to be added in the new rules: Suppression Fire and supposedly Reacting to being fired upon.

I may have missed a lot or misstated things a bit but in general that should bring you up pretty close to the current.

Check out the Battlefield:Evo article and various SST related articles in S&P 36 for Wargamers, should give you more information there. :D :D :D

Mage said:
The game setting is starting to seem more realistic with that stuff going on in Thailand.

Why? Its a bloodless coup with large popular (and possibly royal) backing over something that everyone knew was coming. The intel communities have been talkign about planned coup rumours for a couple of days.

The eventual break up of Iraq into a triple state is more likely (though the Sjia areas would be pretty secure, the Kurd areas are totally safe though there is potential for full scale war with Turkey/Iran) and onyl the Sunni are likely to be really disturbed (which might affect the region).

Easy dude. I meant in the fact of the military taking over, possibility of UN involvement, modern era conflict possible. Not arguing, just saying that the ideas of BFE is sounding very real.
The Thai PM was in the UN HQ at some point over the last 24 hours in NY. Just kind of scary to see something like that, even if it is over. Kind of scary too see Sky news saying that the military took over and have suspended (or something) the constituition, in essence, the people's rights. It has the potential, though a HIGHLY unlikely one, of being a bloodbath.

Not up to date on the Iraq thing.

After the WWI people thought that this was the end of wars.

After WWII people thought that this was the end of wars.

After WWIII people will think that this will be the end of wars.

War is a constant human and animal phenomenon. I runs deep in the human soul.

There will never be peace. . . only constant war, with respites of peace to replenish the forces. . . .

This may is sad, but true.

Mage said:
Easy dude. I meant in the fact of the military taking over, possibility of UN involvement, modern era conflict possible. Not arguing, just saying that the ideas of BFE is sounding very real.
The Thai PM was in the UN HQ at some point over the last 24 hours in NY. Just kind of scary to see something like that, even if it is over. Kind of scary too see Sky news saying that the military took over and have suspended (or something) the constituition, in essence, the people's rights. It has the potential, though a HIGHLY unlikely one, of being a bloodbath.

Not up to date on the Iraq thing.

Sorry, wasnt intending to be hard ass or anything. No, they have these "coups" in Thailand once every 10 years or so. It wasnt so long ago now that we nearly had Nepals king toppled either.

I'm fairly up to date on Iraq and it isnt pretty.

OK, the Forth are an alien race that ride around in meccha similar to the Invid from Robotech.
WHAT ? :shock:

and here i just bought every model (save the slaves ) to make a skini armys.
NOOOOOOOO. Invid like army .With pincer ships ? OMG and here I though that I'll buy a new kitchen .Damm you MG .Damm you for makeing me an addict.[shakes fist]

Don't think there is pincers ships yet noobie.

Xeoran.
I forgot about the Nepal thing, and it is a rare occasion I watch the news. I'm not surpried with Iraq though. Was not aware of the previous Coup in Thailand, but I here it is a rough country in general.

but the blue one looks much like it . if it had longer claws ? the paint job is very much the same . at least it looks like the picer ships I see on the cover of my robotech books.

Mage said:
Xeoran.
I forgot about the Nepal thing, and it is a rare occasion I watch the news. I'm not surpried with Iraq though. Was not aware of the previous Coup in Thailand, but I here it is a rough country in general.

Ah, well I'm a news junkie. Iraq is no surprise to anyone but Rumsfeld really. Thailand does have some large scale terrorism but its not rough provided you are in the cities, generally its a very nice place.

Back