In which books do Sages of Lyr appear?

A

Anonymous

I have read a number of them but can't for the life of me remember which one they are in.

Do you mean Lone Wolf gamebooks or the RPG supplements? In the RPG, Sages of Lyris are detailed in Magic of Magnamund. Not sure about the game books, but you might also ask on the boards at http://www.towerofthesun.com, there are some pretty knowledgable people there who would know.

I'm sure I will be corrected here, but I believe they have appeared in book 4 (the guy in the shack on the road to Ruanon) and in book 6 also in Varetta. Maybe more later on but these two stand out.

Silver Fox said:
I'm sure I will be corrected here, but I believe they have appeared in book 4 (the guy in the shack on the road to Ruanon) and in book 6 also in Varetta. Maybe more later on but these two stand out.

That's right. You can meet Gwynian the Sage in books 4, 6, 9 and I believe also in book 18. You also get to meet some of his fellow sages in book 6.

To be more exact, in Book 4 it is here, in Book 6 here, and in Book 9 either here or here. One should also not forget Book 16 where you can meet Gwynian here.

(Book 18 is unfortunately not available online yet.)

Angantyr said:
To be more exact, in Book 4 it is here, in Book 6 here, and in Book 9 either here or here. One should also not forget Book 16 where you can meet Gwynian here.

Oh yeah, book 16 too! Thanks for pointing that out Angantyr. And for supplying the actual quotes too.

Angantyr said:

I wondered what that ragamufin was at the side of the road... but I always thought the sages were spledidly dressed, he looked like a tramp, did he not?

Al

Back