I'm no Paul Verhoeven, but here is my SST flick- lol

Movie reviewers here (if you like then add more "bugs")

• 1 bug

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 bugs

• 3 bugs

• 4 bugs

• 5 bugs

• Total voters

BuShips

Cosmic Mongoose
OK, here is something for you broadband folks (sorry dialers). I used my camera today in movie mode and took an 18mb mpeg of two structures that I have made for my games of SST. I started these waiting for my main game boxes to come. Then I poured through the rulebook looking for a justification (a link) to explain them. I called one of them a ground-based Sarissa launcher, which the rules mention briefly. I figure it's worth around 250 points at least (with two missiles). Not for your small missions, but I had fun designing and building it. BTW, the base "bunker" is a resin-cast shape poured from a mold (I used to do this for a living some years ago). My silicon was two years old, but the mold works (whew!). Movie reviews are welcome. Let me know what you think of my "diversions". Now I'm back to painting bunches of MI and bugs, heh. In the future, I'll narrate (didn't know about sound, lol)....

http://www.scattercreek.com/~darell/GRND_SARISSA.MPG

If you can't view the movie from clicking on the link, try "save target as" and it should save as an mpg file, which should then work. I'm sure I'll be told what works, either way.

I like the movie and especially your building with the shifting lights. Looks real cool. Did you make that one your self? I wish I had the fingers to do that.... :wink:

Firstly I am a 'sucker' for flashing lights and moving parts on scratchbuilt scenery.

Loved the look of the buildings, and the manouverability of the gun turret. The 'ground' scenery was very nice also. I like the 'lunar-esque' feel of the layout.

Idea - Would it be possible to incorporate a small electric motor and a set of large gears (self reversing) into the turret, so that it could lower and 'open' by itself? (Reversable gears so that when it reached it's full arc of movement it would automatically close up and go back to a vertical postion)

OK, probably not....

Dude... I really liked the buildings!

Darkfather

Typical Hollywood fare.... all FX, weak story, no character development. :lol:

Kewl stuff! :D

You have to admit that there weren't any big name actors trying to hype the movie. It stands upon it's own merit rather than pumped up hype.

Plus the soundtrack had a beat you can dance to.

Nezeray
Lexington, KY Demo Team

KJ said:
Typical Hollywood fare.... all FX, weak story, no character development. :lol:

Kewl stuff! :D

Exactly! You are on to me. I am just a chip off the 'ol Hollywood block, lol.

knuckles said:
Like it a lot. where did the missile turret come from, was it lifted from some other toy?

Well, the missile-holder itself looks like a pair of binoculars mounted on something. :)

FastSammyV said:
knuckles said:
Like it a lot. where did the missile turret come from, was it lifted from some other toy?

Well, the missile-holder itself looks like a pair of binoculars mounted on something. :)

Knuckles, here's your answer. Good eye, FastSammyV. They are Batman toy binocs. The "something" is a multi-use bunker that I made from Intel CPU packing plastic. I plated it over with some Platformer panels. If you look at the "power station" or whatever it is, it has a similar base structure. I went ahead and made a mold of it so I can make more structures.

Back