idea from a newbie(secret org.)

abe

Mongoose
org. name-gamers
can take knowlege(role-playing games)
these people will try to make dnd & other role-playing game devices for the paranoia world!
tell me what you think of this offering please! 8)

Abe: Nice idea. Sounds like a renegade offshoot from the Romantics. No doubt Internal Security will be excessively concerned by the sudden appearance of tiny numbered polyhedrons around the INFRARED barracks. ("Are they mines? Send in some Troubleshooters!")

What? Beyond dice, pencils, crayons, screens, manuals containing the 'stats' of important people...

abe said:
thanks!
any idea for the types of devices that the gamers would make/use?

Abe, if you can find it, there was an old adventure (for the previous incarnation of Paranoia) called Gamma-Lot that kinda-sorta dealt with this. Might be good for ideas, at least.

(Um, I'm new here... Does mentioning older Paranoia products mean I need to mark off a clone?)

Balance said:
(Um, I'm new here... Does mentioning older Paranoia products mean I need to mark off a clone?)
Nah. You're free to mention whatever you wish. No censure here on old roleplaying products (not that I'm aware of).

Balance said:
Abe, if you can find it, there was an old adventure (for the previous incarnation of Paranoia) called Gamma-Lot that kinda-sorta dealt with this. Might be good for ideas, at least.
However, if you're going to suggest Gamma-Lot, termination may become an early career option. Abe - see if you can find Orcbusters or, better yet, the upcoming Collapsatron book (sometime this Spring) will contain both Orcbusters and Clones in Space, lightly and lovingly updated for the current edition of PARANOIA.

PaulB said:
Balance said:
However, if you're going to suggest Gamma-Lot, termination may become an early career option. Abe - see if you can find Orcbusters or, better yet, the upcoming Collapsatron book (sometime this Spring) will contain both Orcbusters and Clones in Space, lightly and lovingly updated for the current edition of PARANOIA.

I recommended Gamma-lot because it took the "gamers in Alpha Complex" idea to an extreme. Orcbusters, while a worthy adventure, was more fantasy intruding on Alpha Complex, which is slightly different...

Note that Gamma-lot's really more centered on Ren Geeks than Gamers, but that's quibbling. And I dabble a bit in both, so...

Back