I Just ordered the Book of Strongholds & Dynasties

The King

Cosmic Mongoose
In fact I intend to adapt it to the Conan RPG.
As I read Howard's Conan through and through he's always dealing with kings, princes and the mightiest political personalities.
I think it could be very interesting to let the players run a caslte or a barony (especially the noble class).
Of course I don't intend to give them the keys immediately, but it could be the result of an adventure (to seek for some heritage document while struggling against rivals).
From there they could have a view on the throne. 8)
That's why Conan is so good. There are so many good stories as a basis where we can take ideas from.

I thought there were better and cheaper kingdom management systems than Mongoose's available --- the one by Eden Studios comes to mind, but I can't remember the name now... was it Fields of Blood?

I agree that running a small barony or some such can be a lot of fun and should be something every gamer tries at least once! :)

Iron_Chef said:
I thought there were better and cheaper kingdom management systems than Mongoose's available --- the one by Eden Studios comes to mind, but I can't remember the name now... was it Fields of Blood?

I agree that running a small barony or some such can be a lot of fun and should be something every gamer tries at least once! :)
I had a great break with ADD and wasn't interested in 3.5 DD until Conan (sword & sorcery flavor), so I don't know many things now. I'am as a youngster. :)
However the Book of Strongholds & Dynasties enables you kingdom management as well as Castle building (2 products in 1 - 256 pages).
In fact I liked the Birthright setting and possibilities but the high fantasy level made it too hilarous for my taste.
This pleasure I have from domain management comes from The Pendragon Game that develops very well court intrigues and behaviours.
Of course if you have a Cimmerian at court, don't expect he follows the etiquette or can dance with the duchess. :lol:

Back