Hyperion Deck Plan

Catlion

Mongoose
Hi there!
Does anyone have any info about that? What exactly is it? Will it be "playable" with miniatures, having a 1inch grid. That would be excellent. I'd be grateful for any information about that. And then there is the final question: It says there will be other ships featured - Which ships will be next?
Thanks everyone!

It says there will be other ships featured - Which ships will be next?

I'd like to know that too. Especially when will we get some deckplans for civilian vessels?
I loved the one in S&P-15 ("Lightbringer", Skylark type Transport), and I would like to see more like it, from the Freighter to the various types of small transports we always see in space around B5, to the Luxury Liner ("Aasimov")
And the small military ships most often encountered by player characters - patrol class vessels like the Tethys, Haven, Sho'Kos etc., fast transports like the Hermes, and the WhiteStar of course.

Playable with miniatures would be great, but not vital (after all, you can easily take your small deckplan into a copy shop and enlarge it)

I _so_ wanted the dec plans to be in 25mm scale, for later miniature use.

But do some sums in your head - the Hyperion is large enough in 25mm (with multiple decks, mind). Now think about the Omega and Primus. . .

:)

msprange said:
I _so_ wanted the dec plans to be in 25mm scale, for later miniature use.

But do some sums in your head - the Hyperion is large enough in 25mm (with multiple decks, mind). Now think about the Omega and Primus. . .

:)

Are key areas of the ship to 25mm (bridge etc)? [he said hopefully]

EricRoss said:
where might the Hyperion deck plans be found?

-> http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5329

Currently still being worked on. Down for a March release on the schedule.

mthomason said:
frobisher said:
Are key areas of the ship to 25mm (bridge etc)? [he said hopefully]

I guess we can always blow up key areas with a photocopier :)

Wow!

You have a photocopier with explosive capabilities!? I work for a weapons company and we don't have that!

New ACTA ship trait: Explosive Office Equipment. This is found on fleet command ships with flag officers to assist the General/Admiral in charge of the fleet. Every time a Special Order is used by any ship in the fleet, roll 2d6, on a roll of 12 the photocopier on the command ship exploded (whilst flag officer was copying the memo for the special order). Roll as standard damage for a hit, do not ignore criticals.

:wink:

LBH

ROFLMAO!!!!!! I think I could just here Kryten and Cat calling for the explosive office equipment to be fired at some GED target.

Thanks Aramanthus,

Like all myfunniest stuff, I just typed it as I thought of it. I tend to overthink jokes most of the time.

Maybe we could try and get it put into one of the ACTA Rules Supplements, or even Sky Full Of Stars.

Or a new spin off, ACTA:Unhinged, which could also have things like the Infinite Improbability Drive (or something similar called the Plot Device drive tpo prevent copyright infringement).LBH

lastbesthope said:
Wow!

You have a photocopier with explosive capabilities!? I work for a weapons company and we don't have that!

ROFL, well it does make scary grinding sounds... it really wouldn't surprise me ;)

lastbesthope said:
Wow!

ROFL, well it does make scary grinding sounds... it really wouldn't surprise me ;)

Michka said:
Anyone else worried to find out that Lastbesthope works with commercial grade weapons?

Yes. :shock:
In the upcoming Call to Arms tournement it's going to be a case of "Let the Scotty win!" :wink:

Michka said:
Anyone else worried to find out that Lastbesthope works with commercial grade weapons?

I just hope they count them every night...

*gets visions of LBH walking out carrying a missile in a holdall, pointed nose and fins poking out either end*

Greg Smith said:
Michka said:

Yes. :shock:
In the upcoming Call to Arms tournement it's going to be a case of "Let the Scotty win!" :wink:

Absolutely, Scottish people are known to rip people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. I will then proceed to beat you to death with the soggy end, thus making you suffer the added indignity of a dry cleaning bill!

:wink:

LBH

Usually I reget not living in the UK, but after learning of the wrath of LBH, I'm glad an ocean seperates us.
Of course, with military grade hardware that might not be enough.

Back