How to identify the 2nd printing when it is out?

A

Anonymous

Will the product number or ISBN be different? I ask this because I purchase my RPG books from Hastings (national video rental store) and the sales clerks tend to be highschool/college students and I need to make sure that order the right version and I get the right version. The obvious answer is to mail order it from Mongoose but I am under a "no more book for a while" order from the wife (with good reason) and I going to save up spare money till it is released and pay in cash. I was just wondering what is the best way to get the correct book when it reasled? Also a quite note how will I tell by looking at the book to check, I currently do not have a copy.

Thanks

Read one page.

If > 20 errors/typos - 1st printing.

If < 5 errors/typos - 2nd printing.

Sorry. It was just hanging there. I had to.

If you're a visitor to these forums ( fora? ) I don't think you'll have much problem identifying the second ed. as every feature and difference will have been scrutinised and dissected before it even hits the shelves . We're obsessive types , us Conan fans !
Seriously though , I would expect Mongoose to make them different enough to avoid misleading purchasers , as we all know , they hold the title for Games Company Least Likely To Rip Off Its Customers .

cornelius said:
Seriously though , I would expect Mongoose to make them different enough to avoid misleading purchasers , as we all know , they hold the title for Games Company Least Likely To Rip Off Its Customers .

Yeah, unlike WotC. Forget 4th ed, I'm waiting for 3.75!

But the problem is I will have order site unseen. Due to there are no gameing stores in my area, but hastings does have a don't have to buy policy. I was just wonder if there was going to be a Edition # or different ISBN or something. Also can any tell me a page number and a error so I can do a quick check when I do order it.

Thanks

Hey Guest, I don't have my book in front of me right now, as I am at work, or I would give you a sure sign. As it is, here is a link to a list of things people noted. There are page numbers for some of the stuff.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1108
If it's still vague, let me know. One of the pages has the word Spellb.ook in big red letters, I just don't know which one without looking at the book.

The mention of "Spellb. ooks" is the third, and last, header in the left-hand column of page 228. If that's not corrected in the 2nd printing than I'd be mightily shocked. :)

TTFN,

Yokiboy

To try to answer the question... usually a 2nd printing will not have a new ISBN, to my knowledge. However, Mongoose has said this will be more than just a 2nd printing, so I am guessing it will... and hopefully even a new cover (nothing wrong with the old cover, of course, but to show a new start, I think they should include a new cover).

Back