Happy Holidays

ottarrus

Emperor Mongoose
My wife, Erin, joins me in wishing everyone Happy Holidays, no matter which or what holiday you are observing.
May they be filled with happiness, warmth, food, peace and all that goes with them.

--[/s] CR Hicks Jr.
-- 1st Lieutenant
-- Co. C, 4th Infantry Reg't
-- Commanding
-- Ft. Steilacoom, Washington Territory

Carl and Erin Vets Day 2022.jpg

Last edited:
Happy holidays!

And amazing-looking costumes!
Thank you.
I was elected to the post of 1st Lt. this year and it was the first photo with me as an officer that looked halfway decent.
Let me clarify something as well. The photo was taken at a Veterans Day Parade in my local area that our Civil War company marches in. I'm a US Army veteran, I wear my modern 'fruit salad' on that occasion. In all other appearances, including the two parades we march in over Independence Day, I'm a reenactor representing the history, not my own somewhat limited accomplishments. I try to keep a clear line between the two.
And I'm always happy to show photos of my girl. She's the Minister of Finance you may have heard me mention... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Well, I have Jewish friends and they're halfway though Channukah.
That's a cerebration of a military victory, the recapture of Jerusalem and rededication of the temple. It is not strictly a religious holiday, although it is a minor religious observance. There is a fundamentalist Jewish sect that treats it as such.

It's a great shame that Christianity is the only faith that can be trampled on by the media et al - they can take their happy holidays and...

But that is by the by, it is a festival period for all to enjoy and bring families together.

So enjoy Hanukkah, Modranicht, Wassailia, Dies Natalis Solis Invicti, Saturnalia, Winter Solstice, Yule, Koliada, Christmas, Pancha Ganapati, Vaikuntha Ekadashi, Malkh and Yalda,
and any I may have missed :)

Peace and Love to all humankind.

Last edited:
I don't say 'Happy Holidays' to 'trample Christmas', Siggy. I say it because I have Heathen, Pagan, Jewish, and Sikh friends, none of whom celebrate the birth of the The Christ but all of whom have holidays somewhere between 01 DEC and Orthodox Christmas on 07 JAN. It's meant to be inclusive not exclusive.
And Happy Krampusnacht to you too :LOL:

It's funny that in the drive to inclusivity the only culture that can be trampled on is.

When my jewish friends great me with shalom I respond with shalom aleichem, as is only polite. I wouldn't dream of using the inclusive "G'day sport, how's it hanging?". For my muslim friends I have to remember to change it to salam alaykum. Everyone I know wishes each other a Merry Christmas regardless of religion.

The only person I have ever met who objected is a lefty woke warrior (don't worry we say that to their face and have a laugh about it) - I have yet to meet a disrespectful Muslim, Jew or Pagan. Mutual respect goes a long way in this world. We tend to observe each other's festivals, more opportunities for socializing :)

I knew there would be a couple I missed. :)

My wife, Erin, joins me in wishing everyone Happy Holidays, no matter which or what holiday you are observing.
My they be filled with happiness, warmth, food, peace and all that goes with them.

--[/s] CR Hicks Jr.
-- 1st Lieutenant
-- Co. C, 4th Infantry Reg't
-- Commanding
-- Ft. Steilacoom, Washington Territory
Happy holidays to you and everyone else on the forum. May all your jumps be accurate, your trades lucrative, and most of all your crews safe and prosperous. 🎄

meowy christmas and a happy nyan year

Back