Happy Christmas and Best wishes for 2021

Bifford

Banded Mongoose
It's been an interesting year around the world.

I hope all you lovely Legends have had a good year, with no hardships or COVID related problems.

Best wishes to all for a better 2021!

Sam / Bifford

You too!

I'm hoping to run a Legend campaign in 2021. Have had one planned out for a while but have not really had the opportunity to get it started.

Happy Christmas and Best Wishes for 2021!

Good Luck to K Peterson for the initiative with the Legend campaign....! Working on my own, checking out different parameters ... .

Best,

Centum100

A little too late for a Merry Christmas, but still. Have a good time with the last days of 2020 !

Hope to continue creating my setting running with Legend, but in french for now.

Best wishes for 2021 !

Merry Christmas, and here's hoping I get to publish something Legend-based in 2021.

Happy new year!

Achievement unlocked: You completed 2020 on Survival Mode.

Next Achievement: Publish at least one new Legend Product in 2021.

Prime_Evil said:
Happy new year!

Achievement unlocked: You completed 2020 on Survival Mode.

Next Achievement: Publish at least one new Legend Product in 2021.

Why not say one every two months! Then you'll have six items! Or if that's pushing it, one a quarter?

I recently set up www.whiteharegames.uk and I have been heading up the Advanced Fighting Fantasy/Fighting Fantasy fanzine The Warlock Returns. Issue #02 released just before new years and I need to start work on #03.
At some point I want to add Legend products to my creations and publishing work!

Bifford said:
I recently set up www.whiteharegames.uk and I have been heading up the Advanced Fighting Fantasy/Fighting Fantasy fanzine The Warlock Returns. Issue #02 released just before new years and I need to start work on #03.

I didn't realize you were behind this endeavour! I will always have a soft spot for Fighting Fantasy. Russ Nicholson defined grimdark fantasy for me back in the 1980s...

Bifford said:
At some point I want to add Legend products to my creations and publishing work!

I think there is still an appetite for a product line like Legend. The D100 community has some heavy-hitters like Chaosium's Runequest and Design Mechanism's Mythras, but neither of these are available under a permissive license. They are both excellent games. In both cases, the companies involved offer licensing terms to third-party publishers. But these have some significant limitations. OpenQuest is the closest competitor to Legend, but its mission is slightly different - it offers a very streamlined experience. It's a pity that Cakebread & Walton can no longer support the Renaissance system due to health problems, but it seems in deep hibernation at the moment. This does leave Legend in a class of its own....even after several years.

Back