GURPS -> Mongoose 2E Conversions

No, I haven’t unfortunately, and it would take some effort to get every detail right as they have different skills and generally, Traveller isn’t based on advantages/disadvantages traits in the same way as GURPS.

I’d suggest that Strength, Dexterity, Health (Endurance) and IQ (Intelligence) could be converted to Traveller by simply multiplying them each by 2/3. Education isn’t really a thing in GURPS, so you’d have no direct conversion (roll again?) and Social Standing could probably be worked out by GURPS’ social traits somehow. Skills could be read as the number added onto the GURPS characteristic base in each case.

That’s about it from me.

There's a decent conversion guide in the GT core book for converting CT and MT characters to GURPS, and because of the similarity of systems could be used as is for MgT2. It's not too hard to reverse engineer.

In general a GURPS character is going to be much more competent and focused than a CT/MT/MgT character just because there's so much more control with a skill point system rather than a random career path system.

As TrippyHippy suggested, an exact conversion really isn't possible but one could probably get something in the ballpark. I'd focus on the highest/most salient skills and ignore the smaller bits.

Back