Which exosuit do you prefer?

• Grizzly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cougar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dr. Rooster

Mongoose
So, being a bug player, I'm just asking this question for no good reason other than curiosity. Which one fits your fancy?

Also, could somebody clue me in as to which exosuit has the save of 2+, which has the save of 3+/5+, and which one has Piercing/2?

It would just help me figure out which is which.

Grizzly = 2+
Cougar = 3+/6+ (nco = 3+/5+), piercing/2

I must say I prefer the Grizzly because the 2 firestorm thing is absolutely sick...

Cool. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and vote now. I like the grizzlies. 2+ save and missiles. Good to go.

Although I've sent 5 warriors at 8 exo's; warriors won using tunneling. :twisted:

EDIT: By the way, any reason as to why you only get 4 cougars per box
but only 3 grizzlies for the same price? Kinda confusing... :?

Dr. Rooster said:
Cool. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and vote now. I like the grizzlies. 2+ save and missiles. Good to go.

Although I've sent 5 warriors at 8 exo's; warriors won using tunneling. :twisted:

EDIT: By the way, any reason as to why you only get 4 cougars per box
but only 3 grizzlies for the same price? Kinda confusing... :?

Extra lead: twice as many weapons plus the atlas rigs. I'm using Cougars for officers and everyone else in Grizzlies.

Sgt. Brassones said:
Extra lead: twice as many weapons plus the atlas rigs. I'm using Cougars for officers and everyone else in Grizzlies.
I've heard basically everybody say that they're using cougars for officers and grizzlies for everybody else.

Why is that? :?:

Sgt. Brassones said:
I'm using Cougars for officers and everyone else in Grizzlies.

I'm using cougars for everything, will add extra weapons with magnets or something.

I basically bought the cougars because I got 12 for the same price as 9 grizzlies, and I figure I can throw together the extra weapons with something. I will probably buy a box of three grizzlies to use as support weapon squads that look different, but in the meantime 12 cougars should do it for me.

I'm using the Cougars as officers, Lts. and above, and a scout platoon added to the company that I will eventually build.

The reason why is that in the book the command suits and scout suits are described as being smaller than the marauder suits that everyone else is in.

My cougars are here today, which I am very excited about. Three of them are assembled and almost primed, the last one is sadly missing an arm but I am told it is on the way.

pictorsstudio said:
I'm using the Cougars as officers, Lts. and above, and a scout platoon added to the company that I will eventually build.

The reason why is that in the book the command suits and scout suits are described as being smaller than the marauder suits that everyone else is in.

My cougars are here today, which I am very excited about. Three of them are assembled and almost primed, the last one is sadly missing an arm but I am told it is on the way.

ohhh thats a very good point on the command suits! It really does make it like the book, cougars are faster and more maneuverable at the expense of weaponry, while grizzlies have the heavy weapons like the grunts! I haven't thought of it that way before.

Makoto said:
Cougar. Little less firepower (and piercing!), much better staying power (re-rollable dodge!)

I'd say Grizzly.

More Firepower and the 2+ basic save is better than the 3+/6+ save most of the time (even if the dodge is re-rollable).

Also, I don't like the extra Piercing for the simple reason that it might tempt me to use them in HTH when their job is to blow stuff up from a distance and stay most definitely out of arms reach... :)

And to be fair its not a 'little less firepower', it HALF the firepower for the same cost. I'll take the doubled firepower and the extra point on my basic save over the 6+ dodge any day, especially on a base trooper :) Just remember to take Armourer for any squad armed with Sixguns since otherwise you will Jam the lot on your first reaction shot. :lol:

Grizzly armed with Firestorm Missile Launchers are deadly. A small squad of them sent big bug hunting can really do a number on a Tanker and is death on two legs to a Plasma Bug. Since they can only fire once a turn using a Ready-Shoot is a good option and with the firestorms special rules it is VERY deadly to big bugs. (It is also really nasty when facing MI Marauders :lol: )

Officers don't tend to shoot so much anyway, being there primarily to keep the command structure intact so for them the increased survivability of the Cougar is worth the loss of firepower.

Just my 2 cents,
Keith Mc

(who's hoping the Exosuits he ordered last week have arrived today and will be there waiting for him on his way home this evening...)

I'm doing my platoon half and half: 2 squads of 3 grizzlys and 2 squads of 3 Cougars. HTE remaining 2 gcougars will be my NCO and LT.

pictorsstudio said:

Ditto. Though I'm probably going to have cougars/scouts and grizzlies/marauders in the same platoon, like the Blackguards - though they'll be my own interpretation of Warren's Wolverines. I figure they're not too different.

Oh, and a lot of extra comm and sensor gear for the officers. ;)

Kill Em All said:
Agreed. They look exactly like my mental image of them from the book.
Again, ditto. :)

Back