GM Screen back drop preview

tagnetti

Mongoose
Hi Guys, After working in Photoshop today I was able to get the GM background 3 pages wide and just modified the art, I even made it family friendly by covering that Janet Jackson esque Boob :D

Please let me know your thoughts, I split it in 3 and will be entering data in Word and will just put it up as 3 pages that can be taped together. Again any thoughts on content are appreciated.

I know Iron Chef had some good ideas.

Well here is the back drop

conan_GM_screen_prev.jpg

tagnetti said:
Hi Guys, After working in Photoshop today I was able to get the GM background 3 pages wide and just modified the art, I even made it family friendly by covering that Janet Jackson esque Boob :D

I know Iron Chef had some good ideas.

My good idea is to put the boob back in the open, or at least offer a Janet and boob-free version. I'll take the booby exposed version, please. :p

OK, I posted a boobless version of Page 1. I decided to put all of the formulas I always need to reference here as well as some other combat notes. Please let me know if you find this helpful and what you would find most helpful for GM'ing as I have 2 pages to go.

I decided not to do the copy paste thing as it was limiting and I don't want to incite the publishers, hopefully they do not mind the boob coverage :D

I will make another version when done if I get enough requests. I really do hope you find this useful.

http://home.comcast.net/~thefreelancer/images/GM_screen_1of3.doc

Also I plan on making a front side of this with purdy pictures after the content is done. Probably just a nice collage paying homage to Conan Artists. ANyone you'd like to see in particular?[/url]

I know, any thoughts. I didnt want to use a table. I guess I can throw in an image and wrap the text around it , I usually use Quark or Pagemaker for that kind of thing. Please suggestions are welcome.

OK, I went back and changed it a bit, left justified for the most part.

tagnetti said:
I know, any thoughts. I didnt want to use a table. I guess I can throw in an image and wrap the text around it , I usually use Quark or Pagemaker for that kind of thing. Please suggestions are welcome.

OK, I went back and changed it a bit, left justified for the most part.

If you want to give yourself a bit more room, try the following.

Right click and Copy the Backdrop of page 1

Go to View, click Header and Footer, when the header box opens, right click and paste. Your backdrop will then need resizing to fill the whole page top to bottom right to the very edges of the page. Ensure that the same as previous option is not on. Then close the Header and Footer window.

Now what you will have is the backdrop as exactly that, effectively another layer beneath the text and it will fit the page correctly.

You must be sure also to go into Page Setup via the File menu and then to the layout tab and check the different header for Odd and Even pages box as this will allow you to place your different image in the header of page two without it repeating on page one also.

If you want to see if the backdrop is fitting okay then either PDF it or look in Print Preview.. though bare in mind if you are planning to PDf it then you aren't restricted by the same marginal limitations you get in word.. so if some of it doesn't appear at the bottom of the page in Print Preview, it likely WILL appear if it is PDF'ed.

As per the Revised example below

http://neo-innovation.com/gm_screen_revised.zip

also as for not using Tables, personally I would. It will make your job or organising the information on the screen much easier. Plus you can always turn the borders of the table to no colour so you don't have to see them if you just want the organisation without the visible boxes. ;)

Thanks NEo, that looks great, SO If I go to PDF cropping my pages will not be an issue? That is what my concern was.

Thanks

tagnetti said:
Thanks NEo, that looks great, SO If I go to PDF cropping my pages will not be an issue? That is what my concern was.

Thanks

In word the cut off point of the margins, specifically the bottom margin round the footer area tends to cut the end of things off, as you will likely see in a Print Preview. However when PDF'ed the whole sheet to the pages very edges appears complete and intact, so shrinking it down some is only a major concern if you just plan to release it as a word document.

Example of a PDf'ed version of the revised word Doc one I posted for you, (Made with Adobe 6.0 proff, so a relevant reader will be necessary).

http://neo-innovation.com/gm_screen_revised_pdf.zip

Johannixx said:
As for artists, my vote is for Frazetta and Vallejo. They're the 'classic' Conan illustrators.

Please, no Boris Vallejo. His stuff is all posed and soulless. Frazetta is the main man; the single greatest fantasy illustrator of the 20th century. His work inspires in a way no other imitator ever could (not even his disciple, Ken Kelly, though he has his moments).

I can't get to the link, I keep getting a page that says "user has not moved in yet". :?

Can someone mirror the design, or can we get it reposted or fixed or something? Thanks!

I'd go with Luis Royo, Frazetta, Ken Kelly, Michael Whelan, or do a mixture of stuff maybe.

Perhaps a "R/X" and "PG" rated screens. };)

"Innnnnnn Zammmmorrrrrriiiiaaaa!"
Lando The Archmagi

Thanks for the replies. I am actually getting some art from the Mongoose team, I'll see what I get from them and I'd like to lay everything out to form one wide scene.

Neo, Thanks for tips on PDF. Is it expensive to get the writer?

Back