Glorantha boardgame?

PrinceYyrkoon said:
Very interesting. It wasnt vapourware then? I must admit, I never got into Heroquest. Seemed a bit too 'gameless' for me personally, though talk of this new Sartar book and new edition is making me think again.

Oh, no vapourware at all. The owner of Chaosium's partner company fell ill and passed away, this was the real reason why the attempt failed. Italian gamers still miss him after 10+ years. All recoverable artwork has been published by Issaries/Moon Design, AFAIK, but there was more stuff. I remember the project for the new DP games being zone-based instead of hex-based, for instance. Maybe we'll see something similar here one day or another.

Rex said:
For some reason I can see it lending itself better as a Card Game before a board game. But, what the hell let's do it as Both :D Since that does seem to be the board game trend at the moment.

~Rex

White Bear Red Moon was a cool board game although since it didn't really have a board...more like a paper, and came in a ziplock bag, it might be pushing things to call it a "board game". Sadly it looked really cool but I never got to play it and the counters still aren't punched after 30 years or so. :(

I have about 4 versions of WBRM. From the ziplock bag to the french language box set. I have played it like 3 times many years ago. Mostly I use it to kep track of who is where and what is going on. I have not played it in years as a game.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

It takes a real Gloranthaphile to want many versions of the same game. Particularly as they all have pretty much the same rules, counters and board.

I particularly like my Chaosium boxed version. I have not seen many of those.

zozotroll said:
Thanks, I appreciate that.

It takes a real Gloranthaphile to want many versions of the same game. Particularly as they all have pretty much the same rules, counters and board.

I particularly like my Chaosium boxed version. I have not seen many of those.

Hey, nothing wrong with getting different versions. I think I have all the different versions of Stormbringer and I bought my share of RQ versions too. Some might think it is a waste of money but for me it is interesting to see what changes in each one. For instance, the AH version of the Cults of Glorantha isn't nearly as cool as the old Cults of Prax and Cults of Terror books from RQ second edition. I also like the original Stormbringer version rules for Agents of Law and Agents of Chaos better than the newer editions.

Even if you don't play every edition they are cool to read.

I like Chaosium boxed sets too. The boxes were great for rolling dice into when you want to throw them hard. I learned that with my old White Box DnD.

GianniVacca said:
I would certainly love a Glorantha-themed BattleLore expansion, rather than those cod mediaeval ones :(
I thought the official Glorantha miniatures system was Warhamster, as published in a TotRM.

Back