Giant-Kings?

Morreion

Mongoose
So, does anyone know who the giant-kings were? They're mentioned in the rulebook, and in the Hyborian Age essay by Howard, but are they ever described in more detail?

An interesting pastiche bit of information can be found in Marvel's Conan the Barbarian #90, "The Diadem of the Giant-Kings!" by Roy Thomas. Conan and Belit encounter an undead Giant King.

VincentDarlage said:
An interesting pastiche bit of information can be found in Marvel's Conan the Barbarian #90, "The Diadem of the Giant-Kings!" by Roy Thomas. Conan and Belit encounter an undead Giant King.

Hmmmm... I should check that out, as it might conflict a bit with some of what I've done in Shadow of the Sorcerer.

I wouldn't worry about it overmuch. I really did not care much for R. Thomas' take on the Giant-Kings, as much as I respect his work. The story was good, but it takes, um, a "de Campian" view of them, instead of what modern scholars (such as Dale Rippke) have had to say about them. I think you are safe to ignore the tale. I just threw it up as a possibility some people may like.

VincentDarlage said:
I wouldn't worry about it overmuch. I really did not care much for R. Thomas' take on the Giant-Kings, as much as I respect his work. The story was good, but it takes, um, a "de Campian" view of them, instead of what modern scholars (such as Dale Rippke) have had to say about them. I think you are safe to ignore the tale. I just threw it up as a possibility some people may like.

I will consider it thrown up, then.

Tall, ivory-skinned with glittering eyes. Humanoid in shape, but definitely not human. Walks and moves in a serpentine manner (although they are not serpents or snakelike).

Back