Ghost in the Shell

Cool I just registered to this forum to propose absolutely the same thing :shock:
I would suggest however to license the Stand Alone Conflict "universe" in particular.

Although the first manga and the 1.5 was great, the second one was to much "virtual reality" to be usefull in a skimrish game.

Stand Alone Conflict is also a little more "down to earth" then the two animes.

Stand Alone Conflict would also make a great Skimrish/RPG Combo like Starship Troopers.

An with two seasons and a cinematic TV movies already out and a statement that the franchise will continue the Stand Alone Conflict universe is already much more detailed then the Manga or the Anime.

I think RPG would work better. Not only would that allow the cyberspace element but a wargame would be a little dodgy. The only way to do it would be to mak up lots of new stuff for the armies/agents. Or run the game like an uber detailed version of "Saboutage".

GitS... I think that is strong competition in the really bad abbreviations category with White-Wolfs Werewolf: The Foresaken (WtF...).

Aramanthus said:
Personally I'd rather see this as an RPG. I'd buy it in a heart beat!
Yes an RPG would be great also, and I agree that the VR and Cyberpunk elements would work best there.
But I would kill to have 28mm scale Section 9 and Section 6 operatives and the various vehicles used in the series.
I do however think that a small scale skimrish game would work, maybe similar to the old "Downtown Militarized Zone" supplement fpr shadowrun.

I would also guess it coud be similar to the Judge Dredd Gangs of Mega-City One, though I havent played that one yet.

I don't play Shadowrun and haven't for years! I'm not planning on playing it or Cyberpunk again! It's ok for some, but after having been screwed over by the GM I'll not play those two again.

The Manga, and Stand Alone are by far the best when it comes to table top Battle\skirmish and RPG material. The movies are more detective stories. I actually think an RPG would be great but it has been done to death. Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, Heavy Gear, and another too but can't think of name.

OHHH takichomas' are awesome, but don't for get the original fuchichoma and the new omichomas.

The personalities and back ground are just so rich it seems like a waste to not have a game to immerse your imagination in. I would personally buy pretty much buy EVERYTHING GitS as long as the integrity of the license held up to the poking and prodding.

Oh no way GitS beats WW hands down <Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Project; GitS:SAC> XD

And dont forget that a RPG/skirmish system for GitS could be expanded to also include Appleseed and Dominion Tank Police as background material.

And also the Cyberpunk theme has been done in numerous RPGs, GitS isnt to influenced by the Cyberpunk visions of the 80s but is a lot more inspired by contemporary events.

SR had to "reinvent" the whole outlook on state of the art computer technology, because reality had overtaken fiction in that departmend.
8)

There is Dominion Tank Police; the roleplaying game. It's Tri- Stat, Gurdians of Order I think (a joke considering what usually happens in game) and a great laugh, provided massive body counts of innocent passers by at the guns and treads of the Tank Police are a good thing.
Which they are.

Omegamann said:
SR had to "reinvent" the whole outlook on state of the art computer technology, because reality had overtaken fiction in that departmend.
8)

I guess Case just would not get very far trying to sell his stolen laptop with 3 MB RAM these days.

Omegamann said:
And dont forget that a RPG/skirmish system for GitS could be expanded to also include Appleseed and Dominion Tank Police as background material.

Funny story that. They did goto the Dominion "Universe" in the manga. she got axed in the back by a random anti-military group. The Factions would be easy for a large scale battle. AE, Asian Alliance <think that is the name been a while>, and JSDF.

As for appleseed that is a selfcontained story and is very difficult to try and connect into the GitS universe.

But there is a whole Appleseed universe so you could fight in the universe. Sadly all these are a little close to Infinity.

Well as all Shirows cyberpunk/military/police creations have some elements in comon I was refering to a comon ruleset and not a comon universe.

So if you keep it in a Shirowverse than its quite homogenous.
Still GitS:SAC would be the most interesting of all of course.

Trouble is all of Shirows universes clash. However you could use any of his universes and add Intron Depot stuff to it.

I didnt say I want to have Deunan fight Kusanagi, but that a Shirowvers skirmish or roleplaying game could have allow players to choose which of the Universes they want to play in, but still have a common ruleset and even some common, more generic miniatures.

Back