Gaelcon 2006

Hash

Mongoose
Since Gencon UK 2006 has suffered technical difficulties this year...anyone know if there is likely to be an ACTA event at Gaelcon 2006?

If so I'm getting my flights booked for Dublin now...

It'll be the October Bank Holiday Weekend in Clontarf Castle. No idea when exactly the ActA game will be on, but I'm looking at a one day event (the battle of the line) and maybe a torurnament if we have the time and space.

I'm also running my celebrated Toy Giant Robot Melee event, which was a big hit the lat two years (you get to play with transformers at a con)

Somehow I doubt I could stat it up, balance it agianst the Transformers, Evangelions and Macross Valkyries and keep it accurate to the show. Plus, the only voltron toy I have access too is much bigger than the other figures and tends to fall apart (and it's a friend's and was expensive). It's why I don't use Gunbuster or Aquarion in the game either

What transformers do u have stats for? I'd be interested to know the stats for Skorponok (original Headmaster)....

Only BINALTech figures - released as Alternators in the west (but I prefer the Japanese figures cos they have die-cast metal parts). they're based on real cars licensed from the manafacturers.

Lorcan Nagle said:
It'll be the October Bank Holiday Weekend in Clontarf Castle. No idea when exactly the ActA game will be on, but I'm looking at a one day event (the battle of the line) and maybe a torurnament if we have the time and space.

We were able to confirm a demo game, as Lorcan and I will be providing the fleets for it and only needed one table.

Since this would be the first ActA at GaelCon, we weren't sure we'd get the numbers for a tournament, so the demo seemed the safer option.

Whitehaven said:
I have a suitable mini for the SDF1, and i have the stats around hear some where,can i use that :D

You'd be amazed how many times in the last 2 and a half years I've heard that question or a variant thereof...

LIES! I'd just stat the damn thing and be done with.

I've always wanted to do a Robotech/Macross naval combat game, just so I could do the Daedelus Manouvre.

hairyheretic said:
We were able to confirm a demo game, as Lorcan and I will be providing the fleets for it and only needed one table.

Since this would be the first ActA at GaelCon, we weren't sure we'd get the numbers for a tournament, so the demo seemed the safer option.

Well the logic is good...I just hope this will evolve into a tournament! I'm 95% confident I will be attending GaelCon this year (ACTA or no) and may be able to rope in a few more ACTA players if it looks like a big ACTA presence.

Is there a possibility that more tables can be requested/assigned if sufficient numbers for a tourney can be confirmed?

If we could absolutely confirm people, maybe. I'd need to talk to the wargames organiser and find out how we are for assigned table space on different days.

Give me a couple of days and I'll see what he says.

hairyheretic said:
If we could absolutely confirm people, maybe. I'd need to talk to the wargames organiser and find out how we are for assigned table space on different days.

Give me a couple of days and I'll see what he says.

You can confirm me and my brother

Bumping this, as I am now confirmed to be attending Gaelcon, and staying in the fine Clontarf Castle as well!

Just wondering if a tournament has been arranged - if not, was wondering if some of the other attendees would like to bang heads together and sort out our own tournament (if we're allowed :lol: )

Back