Future Releases for Slaine and Dredd

hassanisabbah

Mongoose
Hi

Can anyone tell me what may be coming over the next 12 months for Slaine and Dredd. I was thinking about starting a Slaine campaign soon and was curious to see what areas might be worth avoiding, so as not to conflict with future release material.... :?:

Big Love

Hi hash,it looks like most source material will be in signs and portents so might be worth asking old bear over on the signs pages know Im going too as well :twisted:

Well I'm more curious about what might be coming for Dredd. I can think of lots of things I would like, but I am curious if there are any specific plans for supplements in the next year.

Arabin

Well theres Atlantis and Undercity, plus the minitures game... and I suspect that most of the support will go to the minitures game, which is ok for me for the year - Cursed Earth and Block Life would be all I could ask for - But I suspect that much source material would appear in the Minitures game... Damnit, I thought I'd got out of the minitures and painting... :lol:

Well, I'll be buying the Undercity book and the miniatures game (if price is reasonable), but I'll hold off on the Atlantis book until I see some reviews. I have the Brit-Cit guide right now and although I think it's great fun to read, I won't be using much of it anytime soon. My Judges will not be travelling outside of Mega City One until they get a few levels behind them and actually get used to the world.

I was actually hoping there might be more though. What kind of articles are coming in the S&P magazine and what about the Counter Collection Starter Pack that is not yet released? Also, are there only going to be two supplements released this year? We need more adventures for both Judges and Perps...

Arabin

Atlantis, I am lead to belive, is actually a part of MC-1 or at least falls under it jurisdiction (at least it will do when I bring it in to my game). I can see it as being a thriving kind of smuggling and trading community.

I got Brit Cit - which was of questionable value, but basically dumped a UK ex-pat block into my sector along with an embassy, so I could use it. Most of the character types and classes transfer well - especially the reporter

I reckon the same applies to the undercity - which probably hosts a large amount of trade to and from the cursed earth, as well as perp running, drug factories, pit fighters, mutant runners etc with undercity communities possibly attached to these trades...

You raise some good points Hass. I need to look at things from a different angle. I hadn't heard of Atlantis from a Judge Dredd point of view, so I really don't know what to expect from that book to be honest. I like your idea of creating an ex-pat block to make use of the Brit-Cit guide... I might have to do something along those lines...

Arabin

Arabin said:
You raise some good points Hass. I need to look at things from a different angle. I hadn't heard of Atlantis from a Judge Dredd point of view, so I really don't know what to expect from that book to be honest. I like your idea of creating an ex-pat block to make use of the Brit-Cit guide... I might have to do something along those lines...

Arabin

Hi Arabin,
Dependant on what has been cut (if anything) from Atlantis you will get to see more source material for Dredd than most of the current books, with 23 Prior Lives, 16 Citizen Prestige Classes, and 5 Judge Prestige Classes, over a dozen creatures and tonnes and tonnes of weapons and equipment. Altantis is a small city in its own right, and the Judges have their work cut out for them there as its a port of call for people from all over the planet, and as such has a very high crime rate so expect plenty of criminal related stuff and more!

Also dependant on editorial decisions of course Atlantis will contain a chapter on importing and exporting goods to the various mega-cities around the world and Luna-1.

Hope this helps,

Marc

Hi Marc, and thanks for the response. That actually sounds really interesting and I'll have to pick up a copy now. I didn't realise it included so much that can carry over to other cities. I hope it doesn't get too heavilly edited. Will you see it again before it sees print or do you submit and hope it stays close to what you designed?

The import/export chapter sounds interesting, and I can already imagine missions for my poor Judges to be sent on.

Arabin

Arabin said:
Hi Marc, and thanks for the response. That actually sounds really interesting and I'll have to pick up a copy now. I didn't realise it included so much that can carry over to other cities. I hope it doesn't get too heavilly edited. Will you see it again before it sees print or do you submit and hope it stays close to what you designed?

We dont get the chance to say what stays and goes at the editorial end of production, that is always down to the studio manager and the editors in question of each product. Of course each writer will always have something that they feel is the core of a product and will always fight tooth and nail to keep that in, or at least suggest so to the publishing house!

Some sections are always stronger than others, partly due to the time constrants one has to write a product from scratch, or personal preference, and with Crazes I loved writing the Skysurfing chapter and the Fatties chapter but hated the chapter on pets but felt it needed to be added, and looking back could have had much more depth to it!

The import/export chapter sounds interesting, and I can already imagine missions for my poor Judges to be sent on.

Arabin

Well there is plenty of scope for using judges from around the world in Atlantis, and when you add some of the mega-corps and their influences on the way that the station is run, it can lead to all sorts of troubles for the Justice Department and the handful of judges who protect the citizens and visitors of Atlantis.

Marc

Chalk me up for the Atlantis book....

The words 'Lots of Weapons and Equipment sold me....' but Prestige Classes, new prior lives and Import/Export - Wicked. Just curious how you'll manage to get the rest of the material in about the place and people!!!!

The JD Sourcebooks are goldmines of data...

I'd be interesting in knowing if Mongoose has any plans for publishing new Slaine material other than core rule books.

For example, some things not covered in any of the books I have seen:
Atlantis - where is it? What is left of it?
The lands east of Midgard.
The lands south of the Drunes.
The Gaels
Odacon and the Sumarians
Scota and the Egyptians
Some adventures that travel through time.
Some adventures that travel to Cythrawl

Back