FS/FT Boxset + MI

shakespear

Mongoose
I have the SST box set with painted MI (easily stripped) and assembled and basecoated Bugs.

The MI book -unpainted

CHAS - painted

Ape - painted

Chickenhawk -Painted

Tradewise I am intersted in War at sea, AT-43 stuff,Memoir '44
expansions, BattleLore, some marine stuff.

Will get photos Wednesday if the paintjob matters.

I also have B5 stuff that must go.

Only kidding, have you tried demo's. Encouraging mates, running a campaign (if you only have a few MI, do a 'Boot Camp' with 3 models per player).

That sort of thing?

shakespear said:
Yea...

The GW vampire is hard to beat.

AT-43 has picked up though..

Pre-paints help alot

You don't have to tell me, I used to work for the leechy b******ds.

Pre-Paints, yes I agree. I play a lot of Star Wars miniatures battles. If you are canny about buying the rares (auctions etc) it works out VERY economical!

I am hoping the pre-painted SST with tempt more people.

MarkNorfolk said:
Is this the time to get into AT-43?

Cheers
Mark

With Rackham currently struggling for survival?
I don't know - if you do not REALLY like it, I wouldn't recommend.
No one knows if Rackham will still be in half a year.

They are too big to go 'overnight', if you have more than a certain number of staff they can't just close a company anymore (I'll bet they are one over Lol).

Cash flow problems (spending too much on AT-43 and not being able to produce enough of it) are the main problems, but filing for the French equivalent of the US Chapter 11 will help them in the short term.

It's be a shame to see them go, lets hope they can pull it back.

Their demise is mostly to do with pissed off painters like me when we saw they were making Conf all naff and pre-painted.
Seeing how exploitively expensive AT-43 paints were for someone who repaints everything really put me off.
Rackham at first designed minis for painters who enjoy intricacy. I hate large areas of space on a mini, I like it cluttered so one can look at it for ages and keep finding things and noticing technique.
Pre paints just move this away and much extra detail will be blurred into the mini.

Vive la C3.5!

Painting is what you make it, some people prefer 'blank' minis so they can let their imaginations run riot.

Too much detail is as bad as too little as far as I am concerned.

If you like AT43, buy it, you can always use the figs for other games, Im thinking of scooping up a few last plastic sets of SST models to put away for a rainy day. Its a good game, it justs needs some cleaned up rules, (with-out the Skinnes and the forth). Just MI and Bugs plays real well.

I agree if they just published the new rule book and supported the game, it would be fine. Slowly do resculpts on what people don't like but don't kill yourself on it... slowly introduce a few pre-paints... people will buy them if it warrants it. I get the feeling some of this is happening what with talk of delay on prepaint and rumors of missing models getting produced...

Sounds like the start of a back pedal while they wait for Pre-Paint to be up to snuff - IMO at any rate. I really hope we get a rule book in october... though i doubt it.

Not that sales of SST have dropped... I wouldn't precisely know... I imagine they have, but that continued sales of existing stock have continued well enough.

I myself haven't bought aything from mongoose in awhile(not that I wanted to stop), but man I need to get back into employment.

Ah indeed, GW is odd. I and a few buds play it, he meantions how he hates having to order it online, then a few stuff was asked to get ordered by our hobby shop, and now a billion people play 40k and some fantasy in town XD. Oh well those draws are awsome, and I won the first one.

*salutes Hiro, then runs away*

Back