First News of RuneQuest Licensed Products

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

We have just had news of the following in from Otherworld Creations (http://www.otherworlds.cx/);

Danger in the City of Immer (8.5x11, 36 pages, B&W softcover, $12.95): This adventure introduces you to the legendary and mythic world of Diomin, a dark fantasy setting where the mighty deeds of heroes, and the terrible atrocities of villains, clash amidst the mysterious machinations of the gods.

rqimmer.jpg

Become immersed in a world where a dark and twisted race attempt to bring about the total annihilation of all life, and then offer up the world to their terror inspiring goddess. Where a once great race, blessed of their god, fled from their corrupted brethren back to the land of their ancestors. And a time when a people long divided, now stand face to face on the brink of a war that threatens all the races of Diomin.

Will the actions of the players be the great and mighty deeds of heroes? Or the dark plots that bring about the destruction of all creation? Only you can provide the answer!

Everything you need for an entire evening of play is included in this book, including 7 pregenerated PCs to choose from!

Outpost Qether (8.5x11, 32 pages, B&W softcover, $12.95): Outpost Qether is a setting guide to the westernmost Tirasim frontier. This outpost is home to all sorts: traders, criminals, farmers, and military men. It’s a place where hope is fading fast now that the Judges in the capitol Arioch have decided that the fifty-year-old installation has outlived its usefulness. Unless someone finds a good reason for the outpost to remain, it will be shut down.

rqqether.jpg

Recently however, local scouts have returned with news: the Gadianti have set up a small post to the East and are digging for... something. Perhaps it might be just the thing to give the outpost reason to exist. All they need now is a party of adventurers to find out what's going on over there.

This adventure is ready to run right out of the box. Everything you need is within these pages, including: detailed NPCs, maps of Qether and the outlying regions, and the adventure itself.

Are you ready to uncover the secrets of Outpost Qether?

The first MRQ supplement! Gratulations.

Is it already up for sale? I am wondering because then its earlier out than the basic rules.

Enpeze said:
The first MRQ supplement! Gratulations.

Is it already up for sale? I am wondering because then its earlier out than the basic rules.

Nope, not ready for sale yet. Although they will be ready for GenCon.

Hyrum.

I'd also like to thank the guys at Mongoose for their incredible generosity and help with this. They're stand-up guys and just plain "good people".

Hyrum.

AikiGhost said:
Cool. Will you be re jigging the campaign world for a MRQ version too?

Yep, although that will be a much longer process. Not only do the rules have to be converted, but it needs a good rewrite and new layout. Hopefully for GenCon next year.

Hyrum.

Did you develope an own magic system for MRQ Diomin? If yes, can you tell something about it? Has it something to do with the 4 types Mongoose has announced?

Did you change some rules for MRQ Diomin from the out-of-the-box ruleset of Mongoose?
eg.
-Diomin weapon tables
-monster stats
-new special combat actions (for the Gadianti...)
-hero points (seem to me Glorantha only)
-new skills

I would understand if these infos are still under disclosure....

Enpeze said:
Did you develope an own magic system for MRQ Diomin? If yes, can you tell something about it? Has it something to do with the 4 types Mongoose has announced?

Did you change some rules for MRQ Diomin from the out-of-the-box ruleset of Mongoose?
eg.
-Diomin weapon tables
-monster stats
-new special combat actions (for the Gadianti...)
-hero points (seem to me Glorantha only)
-new skills

I would understand if these infos are still under disclosure....

A big part of the Diomin magic system is Spirit magic so we're waiting to see that. Otherwise, most everything can fit under the current RQ Main Rulebook.

The race books is where we're going to put most of the specific rule changes.

Hyrum.

For all those going to GenCon Indy...what booth will you guys be selling these fine, fine RQ products at, might I ask?

-Bry

Archer said:
So, where can you get the Diomin books? will they be available for mailorder?

They'll be available from our site, and it looks like they'll be in local hobby stores as well.

Hyrum.

OWC site: http://www.otherworlds.cx

Mac V said:
So, are these books hitting the shelves after you release CHILL? :lol:

CHILL will be out after these books. We're waiting for our art director to clear his schedule so he can start working on the design of the book as well as the art. Since he's doing most of it, we're tied to his schedule right now.

Hyrum.

Mongoose Steele said:
For all those going to GenCon Indy...what booth will you guys be selling these fine, fine RQ products at, might I ask?

-Bry

Thanks to the amazing Mongoose guys we'll have books for sale at their booth, plus one or two others that I'm working on right now.

Hyrum.

Mongoose Steele said:
Thanks to the amazing Mongoose guys...

You hear that Alex and Matthew? We're AMAZING!!!

Watch out Spiderman, the Mongoose is coming...

8)

Bry

Mongoose-man, Mongoose-man
Does whatever a mongoose can
Spins a web, any size
Catches thieves, just like snakes
Look out! Here comes the Mongoose-man!

Is he strong? Listen, Bud!
He's got radioactive blood.
Can he swing from a thread?
Take a look overhead.
Hey there, there goes the Mongoose-man!

In the chill of night,
At the scene of the crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives just in time

Friendly neighborhood Mongoose-man
Wealth and fame, he's ignored
Gaming is his reward

To him, life is a great big bang-up
Wherever there's a hang-up
You'll find the Mongoose-man!

To brutally plagarise Greg's work:

Does whatever a mongoose can
Rolls a die, any size
Paints Vorlons, just like snakes
Look out! Here comes the Mongoose-man!

Is he strong? Listen, pukes!
The minis have tactical nukes.
Can he derail a thread?
Take a look, the SPAM thread.
Hey there, there goes the Mongoose-man!

In the chill of night,
At the scene of the game
Like a streak of light
Ted Chang, he can tame.

Friendly neighborhood Mongoose-man
Wealth and fame, he's ignored
Gaming is his reward

To him, life is a great big bang-up
Wherever there's a hang-up
You'll find the Mongoose-man!

Sorry Greg, thought it needed a bit more of a gaming reference, though I think I've spoiled the flow a little.

LBH

Back