Final Victory - May 5th pre tourney breakfast club

lastbesthope

Mongoose
OK, it is my intent to be at the Sunflower cafe for Breakfast before the tourney from about 8-ish. This may change but probably not by much.

Directions here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/officemap.pdf

It's slightly North of the junction of Chapel Street, on the East side of Cricklade Road.

And then after you all lie defeated at my feet, while I am master of all I survey, we'll head off to the pub.

Who's in?

LBH

well dont have to be at mongoose until 9-half past, which is fortunate for me as i have to go to hospital 1st at half eight. so means i wont be breakfast clubbing, but may join you in pub afterwards.

lastbesthope said:
And then after you all lie defeated at my feet, while I am master of all I survey, we'll head off to the pub.
But aren't you going to Mongoose Towers first? I mean sure, you can defeat us all at sausage eating, and you may well be master of all the Cafe you survey... but some of us are going to play ACTA too!

Will do my best to make it up there that early - but no guarantees on a bank holiday weekend, when it's normally a good 2.5 hour drive :(

Burger said:
lastbesthope said:
But aren't you going to Mongoose Towers first? I mean sure, you can defeat us all at sausage eating, and you may well be master of all the Cafe you survey... but some of us are going to play ACTA too!

Well i am joint reigning BF:Evo doubles champion, maybe my gaming luck has changed?

I doubt it, but a little bravado never hurt me before, mainly because I've neber had any before :lol:

Though there was the time I defeated the reigning worlf ACTA champion

LBH

Burger said:
lastbesthope said:
Though there was the time I defeated the reigning worlf ACTA champion
At what, sausage eating? :lol:

No, my first game in the second Mongoose ACTA tournament was against Dralafi, the winner of the previous Mongoose tournament, and therefore by extension the reigning world champion. I won, only by a few VP, but a win nonetheless. I proceeded to win 2 of my other three games on the day. This is when I realised the only game I lost that day was the only game where i did not have the Ivanova standee behind me.

The news that I had beaten Dralafi sent a stir through the tourney participants early on.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
This is when I realised the only game I lost that day was the only game where i did not have the Ivanova standee behind me.
You had the Ivanova standee in front of you for that game? No wonder you lost...

Burger said:
lastbesthope said:
This is when I realised the only game I lost that day was the only game where i did not have the Ivanova standee behind me.
You had the Ivanova standee in front of you for that game? No wonder you lost...

No, she was left behind at my last gaming table. It will not happen this time.

LBH

Back