Fighting on the run

MattB

Mongoose
Could someone please clarify for me as to the movement mentioned in this section.

Is it a further amount of movement equal to your speed that comes bundled with the attack all as part of one Standard Action and that you could then also take additional movement that round as a Move Action, or is it simply refering to any movement you might have taken as a Move Action that round being split as required around the Attack Standard Action? I think its the latter, but I'd like to be sure.

The book says "provided that the character's total distance moved is not greater than the character's speed." The word total indicates to me that you get only one move which is split around your attack.

Basically play it exactly like you would Spring Attack except that you stil provoke AoO's.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, thats how I thought it went, but some threads on this forum seem to have interpreted it the other way.

It certainly helps low level unencumbered combatants with reach weapons against higher level but encumbered combatants who lack reach. They can nip in, stab, nip back and not provoke an AoE and restrict their opponent to single attacks as he chases after them... Which I guess is fairly gritty and realistic.

Hi guys, I have the AE edition of the book, but have yet been unable to find this passage. Can someone pass me the page number for fighting omn the run?

Thanks,
SS

>>It certainly helps low level unencumbered combatants with reach weapons against higher level but encumbered combatants who lack reach.

Although Fighting on the Run does draw attacks of opportunity if you pass through an opponent's threatened space, attacking with a *reach weapon* can keep the attacker out of that threatened space (if the defender does not ALSO have a reach weapon).

Back