Euro Vision War Brits V PLA

Mr Evil

Mongoose
well tonight was Euro vision, this means stuff all on telly and my gf whent out to a eurovision party !!!

so me and a mate had a game

2k brits V pla

Bring on the tea

basic lists from memory

UK (mates)
2 warriors
2 challies
3 infantry squads (maybe 4)
command sqaud
and a SAS squad with sniper rifles.

my PLA
4 tanks (one upgraded to a comand vehicle)
1 pla squad minus the MG section
1 apc
3 FAV's

ok now some pics

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

was a good fun game with some silly stuff going on, but by the end the PLA scraped a win !!!! just !!!

next up is to start our 4 player campian with all factions covered.

Looks like a real mess.... Just wonder if there was some alcohol involved somewhere :lol: You see 2 Type 99s have some how managed to get round the back of a Challie, then a (different I assume) Challie seems to have got in behind those 2 99s... Then it just gets more and more confusing. Any Chance of a story board to try and make sense of it?

I must say that table looks awesome! The dusty abandoned cars and trucks add a lot of character. Oh, and good on you for avoiding the Eurovision madness - I've disconnected my TV until it's over :D

sure i see what i can do

here we have pregame set up, with command tank and APC (empty) i set up fist, i keep forgetting setting up first you go first so in theory i didnt realy need to set up in cover like this, i always forget that at set up.
DSC00081.jpg

here is the other side of my setup taking prevouse exsperiance of typw 99 tanks need to work in pairs, again stupidly set up in cover so slowed my first turn down somewhat
DSC00082.jpg

this is the british set up (used camera phone so sorry about quality of pics) here he has his break point worth of troops hiden back in the building so in theory hes imposable to break.
DSC00084.jpg

first turn my FAV's moved up to use central building as cover, but on my mates turn his SAS poped up in very spot oposit them and first action was to pummel them with sniper and gun fire, killing one FAV instantly :( and damaging the other 2, there reaction was to reverse fullspeed into cover away from them and save their attack for later. in response pla guys in building oposit were close enouth to react killing 2 SAS (including one of the snipers) in revenge, sas then retreated a little back into building for a cup of tea.
DSC00085.jpg

on the oposit ide of the table a chally and warrior had taken up cover, later on my pla on top of a building shot their launcher at the warrior scarring it towards the chally
DSC00086.jpg

here you can see my Type 99s gathering for an assualt on the righthand flank to try kill the chally and warrior and in theory control that side of the table, in the doorway of the factory a type 99 barrel pops out to also take a shot, amazingly in one turn the chally survived 4 tank shots and passed armour saves when it had a chance......
DSC00087.jpg

slightly damaged chally on the run and a blown up warrior is what remains from a 4tank and apc attack, while my left flank is left totaly undermaned (4guys in a building) evan hiting this chally in the bum i just couldnt kill it !!!!
DSC00088.jpg

here on my left flank a chally moved round with a bonus action to attack my type 99s in the rear (he rolled a 1) failing misserably, but diverting my fire from the right flank, also note my FAV's making a run toward the right flank as well.
DSC00089.jpg

chally moves around side of building in a game of cat and mouse while my FAV's charge around corner for a ramming attack, they rammed they failed to get through the armour and got shot to death in return (worth a try i thought) note always ram tanks from side or rear.
DSC00090.jpg

here the pla apc moves forward to engage infantry in open but they react by movinf away out of LOS (or into questionable los) rather than worry about it i see some infantry in a building that moved forward earlier, so shoot at them, killing a few, now wining was possable as the unkillable break saver had been damaged.
DSC00091.jpg

here you can see my type 99s pointing in every direction as on each flank is now a chally, my dice failed me that turn and i failed to do anything realy :(
DSC00092.jpg

here we have the chally shooting at a type 99 who was trying a sneak attack, it ended up being a duel between these 2 for a little while of shooting and ramming lol, they both seemed indestructable to each other.
also around abouts here the chally shot at guys on top of building killing them instantly :( now i was dangerously near break as well.
DSC00093.jpg

here the sas jump out of a building with the aim to assault the building at this point my apc is dead and im 3 modles from loosing, a sas assualt could clear the building. unfortunatly the sas forgot the type 99 can react with its machine guns,, by sas second action SAS became RIP
DSC00094.jpg

after this the type 99 that killed the chally chased the chally down on that side killing it, command tank in building stoped the warrior deployed infantry assualting the buildind while 3 guys left in building moved over to side and shot down at warrior using advanced rules for highter position they shot their launcher at D10+4 ooouchhh killing warrior.

the guys from earlier blown up warrior on right hand flank were next, i was 3 modles from break and my mate was 4 modles from break, type 99 attacks ignoring the the still alive chally took them out eventualy getting me the win.

wsa good game the pla definatly were helped by the highter position shotting rules for ambushing vehicles that strolled by.

Tank platoons are easy to use and fun for the PLA, rule with pla if you take it take it in numbers, and concentrate on one flank at a time as your often be outnumbered over the entire table due to the exsesive cost of the PLA infantry, but they are usefull if used well, and get good cover and fire positions.

My friend often looses games against me, but this game was a close one, if dice had gone wrong for me on the turn he assualted the building or if tank hadnt gone their in a defensive position i would have lost that game big big time i feel.

if my friend had used his warriors to attack troops in buildings i would have lost very quickly, lucky for me he isnt the most tacticle guy going, il give that honour to tony.

Great story you told there Evil :) . Knock up report! :D Also, kudos for your spelling I was able to read it the without having to stop once. :shock:

Back