Error in SRD?

gamesmeister

Banded Mongoose
Section 4 Magic

Casting Spells:

"If the Runecasting test fails, the spell does not take effect and the character still loses the Magic Points"

However, under Fumbles, it says:

"Rather than losing a single Magic Point for failing to cast the spell, the spellcaster loses a number of Magic Points equal to its Magnitude."

As I don't get my rulebook until Thursday, I don't know what it says in there, but when you fail a runecasting roll without a fumble, do you lose all the required MPs or just one?

Ok, then it should be corrected in the companion srd as well. The tracker is still being used in the "available profession"-section of the new cultural backgrounds.

DirkD said:
Ok, then it should be corrected in the companion srd as well. The tracker is still being used in the "available profession"-section of the new cultural backgrounds.

It's not an error, as far as I can tell. It's a choice. The SRD need not match the book exactly.

I think DirkD's point is that the Companion SRD refers to a 'Tracker' profession, and the Core SRD only has 'Ranger', but no 'Tracker', it should be corrected in one of the SRDs so they match.

So, to make it clear:
Pass a runecasting roll, lose X MP, determined by the spell.
Fail a runecasting roll, lose 1 MP.
Botch a runecasting roll, lose X MP, as if you cast it, but it fails anyhow.

Back