EarthForce Personnel Miniatures

Looking good so far, i was wondering will you be doing any civilian models? they'd work quite well as NPC's

Regards Oldbury

I'm going to have to say that I find these the most disapointing set so far in the 28mm line. I really liked the Minbari, I found the Narn's cool but the poses seemed a bit awkward, didn't like the heads on the two Centauri Nobles and just found most of these figures with very wooden poses, they seem rather long in the torsos and something just seems wierd about the faces. Sorry, don't like these at all.

After seeing the Light Armor Mobile Infantry and Roughnecks I was really getting impressed with Mongoose's sculpts. These remind me of some of the early Gangs of Mega City 1 vintage.

CmdrKiley said:
I'm going to have to say that I find these the most disapointing set so far in the 28mm line. I really liked the Minbari, I found the Narn's cool but the poses seemed a bit awkward, didn't like the heads on the two Centauri Nobles and just found most of these figures with very wooden poses, they seem rather long in the torsos and something just seems wierd about the faces. Sorry, don't like these at all.

After seeing the Light Armor Mobile Infantry and Roughnecks I was really getting impressed with Mongoose's sculpts. These remind me of some of the early Gangs of Mega City 1 vintage.
I've been sitting on my opinion for a couple of weeks, so I wouldn't make a snap judgement and be overly critical. I took my time and thoroughly examined the photos, noting the proportions, faces, stances, etc.

Compared to other miniature lines on the market, these minis are extremely subpar. They look unrealistic and remind me of claymation figures, mainly due to the awkward joints and positioning (reminds me of the old "Davey and Goliath" show).

The Narn and Minbari boxed sets were okay and some of the sculpts were forgiveable. The Vorlon set is sorta boring, but passable. However, the Centauri and EA Personnel sets are really unacceptable and I will not be buying them. It's a competitive market and these fall well below the quality mark. I know there are better sculptors out there and I hope Mongoose can find one that can save this line before it's too late.

You're right, they're not the same quality as GW or Privater press minis. They're also not $8.00 each.

Chern

nanite said:
I love Babylon 5 and I would love to support the 28mm line, but these are worse then Narn opera.
Nobody understands the greatness of Narn Opera. It's like Klingon Opera. A thing beyond most people's comprehension.

But these things are pretty damn terrible. We're not talking below par, we're talking downright bad.

It wouldn't take much effort to kick these up a notch. Some of the awkward poses could be fixed -- at least on future releases. They're on the right track and I know this is a difficult endeavor... It pains me to be so critical.

I think it would be VERY beneficial if we could see "greens" before these go into production. We're a critical bunch, but I think we could give some valuable input early on.

Back