Duck PC's?

srpollard15

Mongoose
Hope this hasn't been covered elsewhere already, but will the basic rules cover Duck player characters?

With the new minis available soon (I really dig them), I want to have that option for my players.

Thanks!

Scot

Maybe not in the OGL rules, but I'm certain they will be in there somewhere (presumably the Gloranthan sourcebook).

It may have been mentioned before. However....

One of the basic advantages of RuneQuest's system and presentation of data, is that all species outlined in the creatures section of the book are playable. You simply apply the stats as presented. Seeing as ducks will be listed in the core book this means that, yes, ducks will be playable as PCs.

One of the basic advantages of RuneQuest's system and presentation of data, is that all species outlined in the creatures section of the book are playable. You simply apply the stats as presented.

Well, anymore the same thing can be said of d20 (although it's surely simpler to do so in RQ). However, I think what makes a race presented specifically as a 'playable' race in RQ is things like racial starting skill percentages, previous experience, cultural weapons, etc. RQIII had that for about a dozen species in their 'generic' Bestiary book, which was a nice handy bit. Stuff like "What my elders told me" in other editions of RQ was even nicer.

It would be a bit crazy not to have playable non-humans in the basic rule set. Whether this includes Ducks or not is another matter. I'd like to think it will, as it would add a nice bit of "flavour" and signal clearly from the outset that we're dealing with something different here. Might be a bit too different for some tastes though!

So - wishful thinking aside - my money would be on Elves, Dwarves and (spit) Halflings as the initially playable races, with Ducks, Morokanth, Trolls and the rest appearing in supplements.

GbajiTheDeceiver said:
It would be a bit crazy not to have playable non-humans in the basic rule set. Whether this includes Ducks or not is another matter. I'd like to think it will, as it would add a nice bit of "flavour" and signal clearly from the outset that we're dealing with something different here. Might be a bit too different for some tastes though!

So - wishful thinking aside - my money would be on Elves, Dwarves and (spit) Halflings as the initially playable races, with Ducks, Morokanth, Trolls and the rest appearing in supplements.

I HATE Hallflings . . . . . . . . . . :evil:

toothill man said:
oh no :evil: :D

Oh yes!

I'm a strickly Glorantha man, and have been for years.

I adore RQ and love Glorantha (I would be tempted to live there if such a move were at all possible).

Ducks are a big part of the Background for me, they seem ludicrous initially and then there charm wins you over . . . . . . . .

Back