Dreaming about a bloody Christmas...

blue crane

Mongoose
Hi there!

I was wondering what you would wish for when Christmas comes along? I know that it is a long way off (and that my list will probably not 'come to pass') and yet, I thought it may be interesting. I, for one thing, would put the following items on my wish list:

1) OGL Slaine,
2) Bestiary of Tir Nan Og,
3) Slaine Miniatures Game,
4) Simon Bisley commissioned to do art for 'new' Slaine RPG (including posters, sculptures, et cetera)
5) Limited Edition RPG of Slaine,
6) All those books mentioned in the 'core rules' that did not seem to make it to our world, and
7) Slaine crossovers with Judge Dredd, upcoming Nemesis, possible Rogue Trooper, Aliens, et cetera.

Do you have any other ideas?

Regards,
Blue Crane

OK.

A big range of Judge Dredd miniatures - generic Judges (on lawmasters), Citizens, (especially Fatties and Skysurfers - my old GW ones are already painted and in regular use), and, especially, some kind of guide to building terrain for Dredd (I would LOVE to have the room to make an entire Citiblock, to scale, but that's highly unrealistic :D) - some ideas on how to make something suitable even just as a showpiece would be very welcome. I remember a white dwarf article that had _some_ advice on City terrain that gave a feel of MC1. Maybe a guide to scratch-building suitable looking vehicles would be nice...

A rules supplement for Dredd similar to GW's old CitiBlock - not so much the floorplans, more, 'Here's how to design a Citiblock from scratch including Citi-Def, Juve and Eldster gangs, crime blitz tables, and so on. I can do this laready using the CitiBlock supplement from GW, but that gives you a very different guide to how BIG these blocks should be to what Mongoose have put in thier books. (e.g. Mongoose rules say average Block size is around 200 levels, which to be honest is realistic, but GW said that average is around 800, IIRC. David Bishop in his novel 'The Savage Amusement' said that the highest buildin in MC1 was something like 600 levels high... and I _trust_ David Bishop on this)

John Wagner to finally write a decisive history to MC1, and to tie it in properly with the world of Bill Savage, ABC Warriors, Nemesis, Flesh and Johnny Alpha, all of which have _some_ ties to the Dredd universe

For more women to think geeks are sexy ;)

My list would be similar to Numanti's:

1) The long awaited, and desperately needed Cursed Earth Gudie Book

2) Gangs of Mega-City One

3) Loads of miniatures for Judge Dredd.

4) A special deal with Heroclix to produce a range of 2000AD figures only. Not like the Indy range that included to many different types of figures, but a range only from the pages of 2000AD.

5) A decent Judge Dredd PC game with good tools for creating custom missions/adventures. Dredd vs. Death had such promise, and really failed to deliver. We need games players to design the game and perhaps get a big name to run the project.

6) A 3D Skysurf Racing game for the XBox and PS2. Why hasn't this been done already? Granted, it would need a mature rating, and have lots of ways to die, but can you imagine a more exhilarating game than that?

7) Dredd Con USA.

8) A Harley Davidson, custom designed to look just like a Lawmaster, with a custom uniform made by Hollywood designers.

I think my Christmas would then be complete.

Arabin

Arabin said:
My list would be similar to Numanti's:

1) The long awaited, and desperately needed Cursed Earth Gudie Book

2) Gangs of Mega-City One

3) Loads of miniatures for Judge Dredd.

4) A special deal with Heroclix to produce a range of 2000AD figures only. Not like the Indy range that included to many different types of figures, but a range only from the pages of 2000AD.

5) A decent Judge Dredd PC game with good tools for creating custom missions/adventures. Dredd vs. Death had such promise, and really failed to deliver. We need games players to design the game and perhaps get a big name to run the project.

6) A 3D Skysurf Racing game for the XBox and PS2. Why hasn't this been done already? Granted, it would need a mature rating, and have lots of ways to die, but can you imagine a more exhilarating game than that?

7) Dredd Con USA.

8) A Harley Davidson, custom designed to look just like a Lawmaster, with a custom uniform made by Hollywood designers.

I think my Christmas would then be complete.

Arabin

1: So do I and I want to write it so there lol. Seriously Matthew I would love to handle this project.

2: You and me both big time.

3. See 2.

4: Not a hope in hell as Indyclix bombed big time but hey we can dream cant we.

5: Rogue Trooper is due out in early/mid 2005 and there are rumours of a Dredd console only game for 2006.

6: This is the game that is rumoured to be for consoles will find more out after Dreddcon 5.

7: As unlikely as a white Christmas in the Sahara but hey we can but hope.

8: Well a friend of mine acutally bought a Lawmaster from THAT movie :) and he has a lifesize bike from Akria too.

I would think so too :)

Marc

My own wish list though would be like this:

1. Resin Manta Prowl Tanks and H-Wagons for Gangs of Mega-City One.

2. A fiction column in Signs and Portents so I can acutally put my Dredd fiction to use at long last.

3. To finish off my Luna-1 project.

4. To write up a full Supersurf article for Signs and Portents.

5. Tim Prow to come and work for Mongoose sculpting Dredd miniatures along side Bob Naismith.

6. A supersurf miniatures game or maybe an article for Signs and Portents that details how to run one.

7. Signs and Portents to become a highstreet magazine and be available to buy just like White Dwarf, Dragon and Harbinger magazines in most newsagents.

8. The announcement of Judge Dredd 2nd Edition and to find out that I will be one of the key writers (fingers crossed very, very tightly).

9. To run a worldwide Gangs of Mega-City One campaign and find out who is the toughest Top Dog on the block and then to take the out personally in combat.

10. To travel to Gencon USA (all of them), Origins, Gama and Dragoncon running demonstraition games for Mongoose Publishing and taking the word to the masses.

All this and did i mention world peas, I mean peace.

Ho ho ho, now I have a machine gun too :D

Marc

Freshly back from my brief trip to London, I'm trying to catch up on the forum. I wish I could have stayed another week for DreddCon but alas, it was not meant to be.

I know Indyclix bombed big time, but I think the main reason was the diversity of the figures from which your packets random contents would be taken. If you had a specific theme for a range, like Marvel Superheroes, or DC Heroes, it would be much more successful. However, you are probably right that since they got burned last time, they will not try again. A real shame...

I hadn't heard about Rogue Trooper, but I'll look into that some more and I am glad to see that my idea for a Skysurf game was spot on.

As for number 7, how about this:

sahara.jpg

If you ever do get to travel to the US, be sure to let me know. It was a shame we couldn't meet in London last week, but one day we'll get together.

You also make some fantastic points on your wishlist. Lets hope we all get what we want this Christmas.

Have you been a good boy?

Arabin

All nice - I can imagine a skysurf game - Tony Hawks with extreme testicles and no mistaking.

What about Dark Judge minitures designed for special games of Gangs of Mega City 1...

Oh and Judge Anderson, she can fill my christmas stockings anytime!

Would love to seee more 2000Ad inspired RPG's like Nemesis, Strontium Dog & Rogue and maybe forsome of the newer characters like Black Sidderha, Sinister Dexter, Nicholi Dante & such.

More stuff on Slaine, I mentioned this in another forum.

Gangs of Mega City One would make for interesting RTS/ computer game. If it was done similar to the way 'Dawn of War' was done.

The Skysurfer sim sounds interesting.

About Bisley being commisoned to sculpt Slaine for his so scalled new RPG. Have you seen the Morbid Models section on Bisley's official Website.
http://www.simonbisleyonline.com/archivesculpted.htm
I don't know if they are still available though.

About those Motor cycles from the Dredd movie, their tyres aren't the right size.

Heh, it's always nice to see an old post resurrected. Interesting seeing the things I wanted before, and I still want most of them.

I would love a computer version of GOMC1 and actually keep thinking about how that would be done. However, I would not want it moved to RTS... I would like it to remain turn based, kind of like Laser Squad Nemesis handles multiplayer by email. It works really well.

Arabin

Back