Drakh Telepaths?

This will be explained in great detail in the upcoming Drakh book to be sure, but you should remember at least when the Drakh on Centauri Prime turned away a knife with what looked like Telekinesis.

That should be a good idea as to their potential.

Bry

All Drakh are Telepaths. In fact, they have a form of hive mind (forgot the name), but its more like an FTL Racial Forum than any overriding intelligence.

Got their homeworld blasted into glass by the Orieni circa 2006, durring the Centauri-Orieni War (the Orieni being religious zelots of a Vorlon pursuasion).

The Cheat said:
All Drakh are Telepaths. In fact, they have a form of hive mind (forgot the name), but its more like an FTL Racial Forum than any overriding intelligence.

Got their homeworld blasted into glass by the Orieni circa 2006, durring the Centauri-Orieni War (the Orieni being religious zelots of a Vorlon pursuasion).

In the Centauri Prime trilogy the Drakh hive mind was called the Entire. As you say, it did work more like a method of communication, as IIRC Shiv'kala was berated by the other Drakh through the Entire who felt he was being a bit soft on Londo.

Chobbly

The Cheat said:

The Orieni did have a good reason though! I mean they were lied to and betrayed by their supposed allies and learnt that these allies also served their 'gods' mortal enemies :p

Well from the show I think can can gather that they are at least somewhat telekinetic which should be interesting. Also remember that their shock troopers were capable of taking out a shuttle with just a hand gun! One thing i remember a bit freaky about them was the Drakh ambassador who met Delenn...he had like a shadowy type of movement.

Ulkesh said:
The Orieni did have a good reason though! I mean they were lied to and betrayed by their supposed allies and learnt that these allies also served their 'gods' mortal enemies :p
I wish they'd expanded that more. As it was it seemed tacked-on, you had no idea what influence that Drakh actually had on the political situation.

Well from the show I think can can gather that they are at least somewhat telekinetic which should be interesting. Also remember that their shock troopers were capable of taking out a shuttle with just a hand gun!
They're certainly more accurate than human possibility.
One thing i remember a bit freaky about them was the Drakh ambassador who met Delenn...he had like a shadowy type of movement.
Well, he was on the Whitestar itself. I imagine that played holy hell with the imbedded shadowtech upon his person.

The Cheat said:
Ulkesh said:
One thing i remember a bit freaky about them was the Drakh ambassador who met Delenn...he had like a shadowy type of movement.
Well, he was on the Whitestar itself. I imagine that played holy hell with the imbedded shadowtech upon his person.

Mind you that wasn't necessarily a Drakh ("Emissary for Drakh..." it claimed when questioned by Delenn). It was one of the trooper types, who do seem physically different to the Drakh higher ups. The one race from the Technomage Trilogy we never get "visual" confirmation of are the Wurt who are also Shadow Minions. Are these the "surgeons", or are they, perhaps these troops?

If the Drakh have Teeps I doubt they are very strong or why would the Shadows need blips from Psi Corps to use in Shadow vessels.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
If the Drakh have Teeps I doubt they are very strong or why would the Shadows need blips from Psi Corps to use in Shadow vessels.

LBH

The teeps were used in shadow vessels to stop the AoL teeps from holding the ships in thrall. Why use your generals to do grunt work that you can get cannon fodder for from Psi-Corps to do for you.

Kizarvexis

Kizarvexis said:
The teeps were used in shadow vessels to stop the AoL teeps from holding the ships in thrall. Why use your generals to do grunt work that you can get cannon fodder for from Psi-Corps to do for you.

Kizarvexis

Some of the Drakh must have been fairly menial, unless there was a direct correlation between high ranking Drakh and TP powers then I still reckon the Drakh must have been weak telepathically compared to the bhlips or else they wouldn't need them.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Kizarvexis said:

Kizarvexis

Some of the Drakh must have been fairly menial, unless there was a direct correlation between high ranking Drakh and TP powers then I still reckon the Drakh must have been weak telepathically compared to the bhlips or else they wouldn't need them.

LBH

Ah, but the Drakh believe. The teeps in the Battlecrabs are controlled by the Eye (according to the Technomage Trilogy). You can use the believers (Drakh) who are menial for other tasks and use the Psi-Corp teeps, who don't believe, to be controlled in the ships. Best use of resources.

Kizarvexis

The Cheat said:
I wish they'd expanded that more. As it was it seemed tacked-on, you had no idea what influence that Drakh actually had on the political situation.

Yeah I agree, I really hope we get to see an Orieni book as well because they seemed like such a cool race. I mean essentially they are like the Centauri but completely opposite.

lastbesthope said:
Fair enough, still need to get round to the TM trilogy

LBH

I'd be interested to see what you think of it, LBH. There's a lot of stuff in there that niggles from a fan point of view, not because it outright contradicts stuff but IMHO it attempts to re-tell stuff that frankly didn't need to be retold.

I think the Orieni have a place too, and seeing a book about them and their relationship to the Centauri and Drakh would be quite good, but I'd perhaps like to see this a little further down the road. Don't want to use up all of the good stuff in one go ;-)

Chobbly

Back