Drakh mothership....

H

Cosmic Mongoose
well, the mould collapsed eh? Not to be overly rude, but if Anyone reads this, could you consider a re-scuplt? here is a perfect opportunity to come up with a quality design, beffiting what should be a centrepiece of any drakh fleet :)

Mongoose,

I'd like to know the answer to this, if possible. I have a purchasing decision to make, and would prefer to find out what plans Mongoose may have about these two models. Given what I've seen so far of the new Armageddon book Priority-level system wherein 1 War is worth 6-8 Skirmish anyways, I cannot see too much of a good reason to care about these models at all -- why buy the Carrier hulls when they're just massive gifts of victory points to opponents and a slower launch rate of Radiers in the first place, instead of just purchasing the Raiders outright -- yet must make a quick assessment as to my short-term purchase ofthese fleets and thier components.

I fully expect that Mongoose itself doesn't know yet, but would like an answer as to when plans going forward are known.

Thank you for your time.

Hi there,

We will indeed let you know what is going to happen, just as soon as the state of the moulds has been assessed.

Has any decision about these moulds been made yet? Are we getting entirely new models, or are we going to get a new Carrier and Mothership mould that makes the same things as the old -- or do we still not know yet? It's been about 2 weeks, so I'm hoping Mongoose had a moment to look at this issue amidst the chaos of the reprinting issue.

I will still stand by my original suggestion, huge models like this should be in resin.

Also I would love to see the actual drakh ship on the cover of the book :)

heck if you wanted to keep the current mothership, keep it at war and use the canon design as an armageddon level one :)

I'd say scrap the carrier for new smaller model, move the huge mothership to Armageddon to fit in with the other bigatures and then make a war level cruiser of sorts.

Guchi said:
heck if you wanted to keep the current mothership, keep it at war and use the canon design as an armageddon level one :)

Mind though, that the canon mothership is NOT the one from the cover, but rather a chunky piece of shipparts seen in the top-left corner, when the Drakh attack Earth in "Call to Arms"..

I'd actually like to see the Drakh Mothership at Armageddon level and loaded with four Drakh Cruisers, none of these piddly little Raider ships ;)

This way it would reflect what is seen on the show and also give the Drakh something "very" different to everyone else at Armageddon level. Given that most people use the Mothership purely to get extra Raiders (something the Carrier does nicely) then you won't lose too much from the fleet list.

Triggy said:
I'd actually like to see the Drakh Mothership at Armageddon level and loaded with four Drakh Cruisers, none of these piddly little Raider ships ;)

This way it would reflect what is seen on the show and also give the Drakh something "very" different to everyone else at Armageddon level. Given that most people use the Mothership purely to get extra Raiders (something the Carrier does nicely) then you won't lose too much from the fleet list.

hmm, I would like to see an armageddon drakh ship, and the mothership is supposed to tbe the biggest ship in space, however the carrier does not do it well at all (raiders that is)...if you fail your scramble checks your carrier is probably dead before it releases it's full complement. Maybe if it had the carrier trait, you know, being a bloody carrier... *mutters at mongoose*

Back