Dragon Warriors - A Weak Pleasure

Jiminy

Mongoose
It's all go at the Magnum Opus Press web site today! The following documents have just been posted:

* A brand new adventure entitled 'A Weak Pleasure' by Shaun Hately and Mark Turner
* Updated errata sheets
* D20-to-DW character conversion rules by Ian Sturrock
* Call for Submissions for a brand new DW supplement entitled 'Friends and Foes' :D
* DW Writers' guidelines

The Submissions and Guidelines documents are particularly interesting... it even mentions Robin Hood!

Link: http://www.magnumopuspress.com/

Just to make it clear, the Call for Submissions is an open call. We are looking for people to contribute to this forthcoming Dragon Warriors book. A lot of people. Including people who haven't written professionally before. This Could Be You.

The CFS and the writers' guidelines can both be downloaded from the Magnum Opus Press website: http://www.magnumopuspress.com

James

Link?

As an aside, your downloads page is very obscure. It took me several minutes to find it. I'd recommend a link on the menu that then separates you to the appropriate games.

Paladin said:

Go to the website. Read the first article on the front page. Click on the links in the last paragraph to get to the Downloads page or the Writing for DW page.

As an aside, your downloads page is very obscure. It took me several minutes to find it. I'd recommend a link on the menu that then separates you to the appropriate games.

We only have one product-line that has downloadable content—Dragon Warriors—so the Downloads page is in that section. If you click on 'Dragon Warriors' in the menu in the left sidebar, the Downloads page is the fifth entry in the list that appears.

Hi,

There is a typo on Beatrixe's character sheet, in her notes she is called Lamanda. I take it that the character's name was changed at some point.

Simon

Hi,

I also note that the Bandits in the tower attack with Claws? Shouldn't this be something like clubs, spears or swords or am I missing a point somewhere?

Simon

Blackyinkin said:
Hi,

I also note that the Bandits in the tower attack with Claws? Shouldn't this be something like clubs, spears or swords or am I missing a point somewhere?

Simon

Both probs. have already been picked up. james is going to edit on Monday. :)

Blackyinkin said:

Swords - it's definitely meant to be swords.

Shaun Hately

@TheDreadnought (Shaun)
Nice work on the adventure - many thanks to Mark Turner and yourself for writing it.

Jiminy said:
@TheDreadnought (Shaun)
Nice work on the adventure - many thanks to Mark Turner and yourself for writing it.

Almost 100% perfect that adventure.....it would get 100% except it contains the line 'defending the village from attacking orcs'. ;)

bulya said:
Jiminy said:
@TheDreadnought (Shaun)

Almost 100% perfect that adventure.....it would get 100% except it contains the line 'defending the village from attacking orcs'. ;)

There were more orcs in the original draft.

One of the interesting things about DW, for me, is that it doesn't have a generic-baddie monster. D&D has orcs, WFRP has beastmen, but DW doesn't have anything like that at all. I think it's the better for it. Certain areas of the world will have regional villains--Ian Sturrock's introducing reavers in the background material he's writing for the new edition of Prince of Darkness, but reavers only work in rugged, mountainous terrain so don't expect to find them cropping up all over Legend, or even all over Ellesland. You have my assurance that any time the action needs to be livened up by the PCs beating the crap out of some random wandering things, we are not going to default to 'bandits' or 'outlaws'. Or for that matter orcs.

Just a heads up for anybody in the general vicinity of Melbourne, Australia, I will be running the DW scenario A Weak Pleasure (written by myself and Mark Turner) at Unicon 2009 in South Yarra over the weekend of the 3rd and 4th October.

As of today, Unicon is open for business,

http://www.unicon.asn.au

(If you do want to come, please don't register in session B or D - I've let the orgs know the game isn't available in those two sessions (that's my time to play) but the webpage and registration haven't been updated yet.

Magnum Opus is putting up prizes for Shaun's games at Unicon: a bunch of PDF copies of the DW rulebook and the Bestiary. I just wanted to mention that if you play in his game and you'd prefer to get your hands on a different set of DW books, then that can easily be arranged.

Back