Does Pocket Conan have setting info?

Huntsman

Mongoose
Hello all. I'm interested only in the Hyborian setting data (eg nations, races, cities, magical artifacts, important people, secret societies, etc.) and was wondering if it's included in the Pocket guide.

Thanks!

Huntsman said:
Hello all. I'm interested only in the Hyborian setting data (eg nations, races, cities, magical artifacts, important people, secret societies, etc.) and was wondering if it's included in the Pocket guide.

Thanks!

IIRC there was a thread about the pocket core book & its contents some months ago. Just search.

René said:
Huntsman said:

Thanks!

IIRC there was a thread about the pocket core book & its contents some months ago. Just search.

I already did a search on "pocket" and it turned up 54 threads of which I perused some but none of them answered this simple question.

All I need is a Yes or No.

thanks

PaulB said:

Thank you, Paul! That's one of the threads I hadn't checked yet.

By the looks of it, the Pocket guide does *not* contain the info I seek as I'm assuming it would fall under the Gazeteer and the Hyborian Age sections of the full source book....?

The Hyborian age is the REH essay, the gazetteer is the world over view. Races are in the Pocket Guide since they are part of character creation.

foxworthy said:
The Hyborian age is the REH essay, the gazetteer is the world over view. Races are in the Pocket Guide since they are part of character creation.

Ok, thank you. It seems the Gazetteer is what I'm after so I guess that means I need the Big Expensive Book. :shock:

foxworthy said:
The Pocket Guide omitted the interior illustrations, the Essay & Gazetteer as Foxworthy wrote above, and it doesn't include the bestiary at the end of the hardcover (which only a GM or sorcerer would need to reference anyway).

Unfortunately, I'm responding from work so I don't remember if anything else was missing but I don't think so. By the way, the Hyborian Age essay is more of an age overview than information on the here and now of the game setting. It spans thousands of years and continental and racial evolutions, and only mentions a couple of characters by name (Gorm comes some 500 years after Conan's time if I remember correctly). The Gazetteer as has already been mentioned is the world overview. The h/c book Road of Kings actually details the countries of the world with several key NPCs.

Bregales said:
foxworthy said:
The Pocket Guide omitted the interior illustrations, the Essay & Gazetteer as Foxworthy wrote above, and it doesn't include the bestiary at the end of the hardcover (which only a GM or sorcerer would need to reference anyway).

Unfortunately, I'm responding from work so I don't remember if anything else was missing but I don't think so. By the way, the Hyborian Age essay is more of an age overview than information on the here and now of the game setting. It spans thousands of years and continental and racial evolutions, and only mentions a couple of characters by name (Gorm comes some 500 years after Conan's time if I remember correctly). The Gazetteer as has already been mentioned is the world overview. The h/c book Road of Kings actually details the countries of the world with several key NPCs.

Ahh, I see. This Road of Kings may fit the bill, actually. Thanks for the tip.

Back