Discontinued?

n815e

Mongoose
I purchase my Judge Dredd items from my local shop, which gets much of this from The Warstore.
Looking at the Judge Dredd products on Warstore's page shows many items listed as discontinued.

What is the story behind this? It has me concerned that I won be able to get more Judge Dredd products from my local shop or perhaps any where else.

Discontinuing can also mean they are dropping the line personally.

But yeah, I'd call them or something. Might be a glitch on their website, who knows!

The Warlord site seems to be moving the line to casting on demand, listing many items as "made to order".
If so, that means no products to flgs.

Warlord do a lot of cast on demand, I think. If a webstore or FLGS doesn't have stock, it can take a while to get an item in. But Warlord do sell to other stores.

Example, I ordered 2 Bolt Action jeeps from a website, but they were out of stock. I wound up cancelling the order after several weeks. But I ordered tanks form the same website and they arrived quickly.

Miniature casting has always been a problematic business model - too many figures and you end up running out of storage space. Hence why crowd funding has really taken off where you have a surer idea of how many figures you need to cast before you fulfill orders.

JD has already had one kickstarter, I wouldn't be surprised to see others occur in future. It's certainly possible (because I've backed a couple) to do small cast runs of just a unit or two, rather than vast crowd fund expansions.

That being said - cast on demand is another option, if you're more able to do small one off castings. Most companies though do prefer to do bulk casts - as it's generally cheaper to cast in bulk.

Back