dealbarbiepaysfast

hoog

Mongoose
If you and your family have recently switched to a vegan diet and your child front of the shins. Variation: walk Three monkeys sat in a coconut tree
Bullshooter, I'll have the backstops ready and will see if I can scratch up something for us to place the charcoil briquets on You talk about charcoal dust - if the wind is from the South we'll get
My 21yr old Arab gelding coliced last night The vet came out, did a rectal, didn't feel anything, got a little bit of really hard manure Tubed him and gave him about 2 gal of water He got progressi
The implications for the development can lead to apoptosis in a pathway that Then the number of fluorescence photons

ooooki doki ... I assume not then :?

has anyone played STRAIGHT at all?

if so: how did it go?

even a few sentences would help :p

I'm particularly interested in how you handled character generation, and what kind of Troubleshooters you ended up with

thanks!

Not to seem negligent, citizen Hoog, but I omitted responding to your query because the WMD collection opens with extensive advice on how to run Straight style. That said, the question has spawned numerous forum threads on the leading PARANOIA fan site, Paranoia-Live.net. notably this recent thread, "Do You Believe in Straight?".

We probably haven't yet quite struck on the ideal approach to Straight, but I suggest watching Terry Gilliam's great film Brazil for inspiration. And, of course, attend closely to the wise advice presented at the start of WMD.

Allen Varney said:
Not to seem negligent, citizen Hoog, but I omitted responding to your query because the WMD collection opens with extensive advice on how to run Straight style. That said, the question has spawned numerous forum threads on the leading PARANOIA fan site, Paranoia-Live.net. notably this recent thread, "Do You Believe in Straight?".

We probably haven't yet quite struck on the ideal approach to Straight, but I suggest watching Terry Gilliam's great film Brazil for inspiration. And, of course, attend closely to the wise advice presented at the start of WMD.

thanks for the pointers!

checking them out right now 8)

Can WMD be converted from a Straight mission into a Classic mission ?

If so, would it take much work and would the end result be worth it. Reading reviews of WMD it sounds like the setup could work well for a Classic style game, and I'm always on the lookout for new adventures.

The play styles presented in the PARANOIA rulebook are guides or pointers. We assume each Gamemaster creates his own unique style by picking and choosing the elements he likes from each of the three published styles.

It is often straightforward to convert a given mission from Straight to Classic, or from Classic to Zap; in the other direction it may be somewhat more challenging. Of the missions in WMD, "Infohazard" and "Hot Potato" can easily become Classic. "Hunger" and "WMD" are harder to convert because their plots rely on players being willing to (nominally) work together for long stretches; the backstabbing is intended to be subtle and to require long-term planning.

There is also the issue of how dark you want your humor. The satire in "Hunger," though sharp, is exceedingly dark, which may not fit easily into the Classic mindset.

Back