Dawn of Destruction release date in July?

Don't worry it is coming - due to workload we had no choice but to reschedule it though.

However, I would recommend taking a peek at recent issues of Signs & Portents if you need a Lone Wolf fix - we have had some cool articles and scenarios in there recently for this game. . .

what's this? optimism? don't make me lower you feet first into the Lake of Blood :twisted: It did come as a shock seeing the release date change, but it's not like I can do anything about it so i'll accept you're excuses... grudgingly :p

mthomason said:
Look at it this way. The gap between DoD and the next release just got smaller... :)

Hmmm...
I'm sorry to see it another way: that means we'll only get maximum 2 LW supplements per year. That is not what I call a strong support. :?

Yeah, I noticed that this morning. This comes as a disappointment. I sure hope Dawn of Destruction is not the only new LW product for 2005.

Makes one wonder if Lone Wolf is really that poor a seller? I dunno.

If so, it's sad. Lone Wolf, even without being an adaptation of Dever's work, is a cool system. The magic is inventive, the annoying parts of D&D are filed down and made faster, the classes are unique and have strong many interesting twists and a solid feel.

It really is a very good D&D3 implementation. It should sell by merit of that alone.

KirinDave said:
Makes one wonder if Lone Wolf is really that poor a seller? I dunno.

If so, it's sad. Lone Wolf, even without being an adaptation of Dever's work, is a cool system. The magic is inventive, the annoying parts of D&D are filed down and made faster, the classes are unique and have strong many interesting twists and a solid feel.

It really is a very good D&D3 implementation. It should sell by merit of that alone.

I've corralled my D&D group into trying a LW campaign, but no one else is willing to buy the rulebook because the list price is "too high" for a BW book. They've been spoiled by $25-35 full-color glossy WOTC releases.

Hopefully I'll be able to convert them with an awesome LW campaign :)

It's odd seeing a conversation where WotC products are considered inexpensive, considering how badly they overcharge for all of their supplements.

DuskFox said:
It's odd seeing a conversation where WotC products are considered inexpensive, considering how badly they overcharge for all of their supplements.

Draw them in with cheap core books, then make a huge profit with all the other publications.

columbob said:
DuskFox said:

Draw them in with cheap core books, then make a huge profit with all the other publications.

That seems to be the principle. Core books are cheap, sourcebooks with material reprinted from other sourcebooks (making them about 50% new material, with about 30% of that new material being useful) are ridiculously expensive. Disgusting business practice, that.

Regardless of any value judgements made about WOTC prices, quality, and business practices (Naar-approved, in the case of the randomized minis), the fact remains that WOTC releases are almost universally cheaper than the Lone Wolf Core book. Too bad, LW is way more worth it in terms of quality of content, if not quality of printing. :(

I do agree about WOTC supplements being overpriced, though. The quality and quantity of source material in recent releases doesn't justify the price tags, especially on stuff like Lords of Madness or the DMG 2.

Still, you can get much steeper discounts on amazon.com, for example, for WOTC books than for LW books.

I totally agree, and as much as I hate to say it on their own forum about a game I really do like, Mongoose totally overcharges for the LW core book. Sales on that would likely be better if the price were dropped five or ten bucks. Perhaps the profit wouldn't be so immediately visible, and I don't claim to know what kind of margin they're really looking at, but as great as the game and world are, they don't justify that kind of price.

Even so, it's better than paying WotC ridiculous prices to buy supplements with material I already own from an older supplement.

Good point. WOTC should be prosecuted for the outrage that is the Complete series of reprints.

Now, all we need is WOTC printing quality with Lone Wolf content quality (and an extra round of editing, heh) and life would be perfect.

Oh, well, I can dream...

Aaand if there were more pliable, adjustable character classes.

That's just my opinion, though, and I understand that the majority is against me. I'm just saying that, for me, this would be better.

Oh. And with WotC's production schedule.

Sad to see Dawn get put back. The Lone Wolf system is good and it is great to relive the memory of the gamebooks. I hope the support keeps on coming. Think of the support WOTC gave The Wheel of Time RPG -Rulebook and one supplement. Apparently that was all their agreement was for but that is another setting that deserves the full treatment. keep it coming Mongoose

Back