Dawn of Destruction - Out Now!

Excellent news! I'll be sure to stop by my local store to pick it up, and see if they've ever received S&P issue 23.

Got mine here in New Zealand. It arrived yesterday. Looks pretty good so far, very well thought out. The maps are all useful for the 2 big set action scenes.

Now I just have to adapt it for my group which has the misfortune to be 4 levels too high (they are all 5th). But that won't be a problem.

damn.. that will be my problem too... they are 4th level and starting Blood Moon Rising.. and I'll wait the Italian translation to support the italian editor... so maybe my group will be around 7th or 6th level by the time we can play it...
this confirms my opinion.. adventures must be the second product released after the core rules.. at least one.. it will help GM understand how to create the feel of the setting and the adventure itself would be much more playable...

I concur, the adventure should have been for levels 5+. While it can be done, a lonewolf game at level 1 does not seem right; does not fit with thde epic scope of the world. Hopefully it can be easily modified for higher levels though. :)

According to their website, the store Valet d'Coeur in Montréal received it last Thursday, on the 28.

http://www.levalet.com/

Anonymous said:
I concur, the adventure should have been for levels 5+. While it can be done, a lonewolf game at level 1 does not seem right; does not fit with thde epic scope of the world. Hopefully it can be easily modified for higher levels though. :)

hold it...
I feel is right to start at level 1st.. the problem is proposing a lvl 1 adventure after 1 year since the release of the game.. what a GM is supposed to do? buy the manual and let it sit around for 1 year untill a lvl 1 adventure will be pubblished?
what I mean is pubblish the manual and, between a month and 3 months later, pubblish the first adventure leaving the darklands and MagicOM for later...

Yup, all good comments, but let's not spit on what's offered. Now I can't wait for the announcement of the next LW release!

columbob said:
Yup, all good comments, but let's not spit on what's offered. Now I can't wait for the announcement of the next LW release!

That's the point.
Nothing anounced 'til decembre...

Who said that 3-4 LW supplements were expected each year? :?

didnt know that was a promise more a hope :shock: think joes illness has put in a huge spanner in the works but I am hoping that any projects on hold will be turned out ASAP also augusts shoes are full of SST so he is tied up so whos around to take the slack :?

So far, I have been pretty happy with all 4 lone wolf releases, and the S&P articals. So I hope they do more.

I hope even more that Joe recovers swiftly, and by no means just so he can approve more supliments.

I like it. It's short but adequate for 1rst level heroes, and does a lot trying to involve all the heroic good character classes into an adventure taking place in Sommerlund. It's also a good prequel for Blood Moon Rising.

columbob said:
It's also a good prequel for Blood Moon Rising.

A very good prequel :). It even says in 2 or 3 places that "you might want to download the free adventure from our website that's a very good continuation from this".

Back