Cybernetic Armour

Zethnar

Mongoose
The Cybernet book lists the Cybernetic Armour as adding to defence. Now I'm assuming this is actually ment to be Damage Reduction. But I just thought I should check to make sure it doesnt actually add to your defence bonus.

Speaking of the FAQ and specifically the Cyber Armor section of it. Any heads up on that Web article or PDF, that might have rules for nanotech skin wear or such mentioned devices?

Or is that in S&P 11 or 12's future?

Curious,
PsyJack

a related question, how do i use/apply cyberlimb armor? do i just add it to the armor that is worn/installed or does it have some other function? i cant seem to find any usefull info in the book or the faq (in face the faq confuses me even more by saying that limbs have as default negative hardness)...

hobgoblin said:
a related question, how do i use/apply cyberlimb armor? do i just add it to the armor that is worn/installed or does it have some other function? i cant seem to find any usefull info in the book or the faq (in face the faq confuses me even more by saying that limbs have as default negative hardness)...

In my games I just add it to the armour. The way the armour gets applied varies in my games depending on where you get it installed...some places it takes the form of armour plating other places it takes the form of composite materials, etc. The result is the same though...they all increase the hardness of your limb.

I don't think those are negatives listed in the FAQ, I believe that they are dashes. Therefore, the base hardness of a cyber arm is 8 and a cyber leg has a base of 10, these are the values for the unmodified "generic" cyberlimb. The armour would increase these by the appropriate amounts listed under the grades for that enhancement -- for top of the line versions of the limbs the arms would have a hardness of 13 and the legs would have a hardness of 15.

HTH,

Socket

gah, whydidnt they use : instead of - in the faq...

hmm, a person with for cyberlimbs with armor up there and then some cyberarmor on top and maybe some worn armor for good measure will be close to unstopable unless your packing antitank weapons it seems...

Yeah, but you better have someone with a good wealth score to purchase all that cyberware. Not to mention. Think of the loss of self. No feelings of a leg falling asleep. None of the tingle of the wind blowing accross bare legs, or bare arms. Foreplay with the ladies would be dull. You just removed half of the body to play with. :)

me

Back