Cosmographer 3 And Traveller

It has a steep learning curve. I would say its more akin to a professional drafting program than a gaming tool.

But with that being said, its capable of a great many things, and making neat looking deckplans is one of them. Though if you prefer to be able to spend more time gaming than drafting, I'd say keep your pencil handy.

@AndrewW
Cool, thansk for the links, i'll check them out..

@phavoc
Being and old CAD/CAM drafter it might be worth me giving it a try then..

One regular contributor to these forums is middenface; according to previous posts, he uses Google Sketchup and gets great results.

See: https://biomassart.wordpress.com/

Good luck!

Oh yes, sketchup, I do the plans, then port them to AI... but then I can back make the model from the plans... Theres a rough tutorial thing on the blog...

I use MS Paint, for deckplans simple seems better (all those bells and whistles of complex graphics programs are just wasted overhead). I have a saved file of all the symbols, a blank grid, and even a standard stateroom, to copy and paste from.

@middenface
I love the tutorial.. And i have tried afew things.. I hope to be some what more versed with it by months end..

@GamingGlen
I tried paint. And came to the conclusion I need help.

LimeyDragon said:
@middenface
I love the tutorial.. And i have tried afew things.. I hope to be some what more versed with it by months end..

Thanks, joy of SU is you can measure everything, create components you can use over and over again and use the entity info>area to work out how many square are in an area....

Back