Core Adventures 3: Errant Lightning - eBook & Pre-Order

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
A third adventure set in Core sector is now available - once again written by Chris Griffen, we are proud to present Errant Lightning!

You can grab your own copy right here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/core-adventure-3-errant-lightning.html

North American Travellers can find theirs here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/core-adventure-3-errant-lightning.html

379716.jpg

The Core sector is the heart of the Third Imperium, the seat of empire and an economic powerhouse, but even the Core has its backwater worlds. One such place is Adan, a dry, almost desert world with a unique ecosphere and a secret that few know.

Adan’s small hydrosphere is entirely located in a single deep sea called the Cleft. From that sea grows the Clench, a writhing mass of plant life that extends far into the desert, providing life-giving crops for the world’s six million people. Unfortunately, the Clench is dying and the only people who can help are a remote community of psionic exiles living in the deep desert. The people of Adan have come to terms with their presence, but a scientific team from an Imperial Research Station has come to the planet to find the psions and strip them of their psionic abilities using a controversial new technique. If they succeed, all of Adan might very well pay the price.

Errant Lightning includes:

* World and city maps of the exotic world of Adan
* The Scirocco, a tilt-rotor aircraft
* New psionic talents
* New vehicle designs that take part in a climactic battle deep in the desert

Errata squad: the PDF has "the regrettable two- to three-parsec gap between the coreward Dunea subsector and the rimward worlds of Chant", but Chant is coreward of Dunea.

CordwainerFish said:
Errata squad: the PDF has "the regrettable two- to three-parsec gap between the coreward Dunea subsector and the rimward worlds of Chant", but Chant is coreward of Dunea.

Not actually an error. The intended meaning was Coreward portion of Dunea subsector. Much like you might say "northern South Carolina" or something like that. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't suppose you could tell us what the new psi talents are that are in this book, and are they available for PCs?

EDIT: Removed the reference to one of the abilities being in Aliens of Charted Space 1.

L23 said:
I don't suppose you could tell us what the new psi talents are that are in this book, and are they available for PCs?

It's got three new talents:
  • Botanical symbiosis
  • Changeling
  • Counterpsionics

The first is similar to machine symbiosis, presented in the MgT1 Zhodani book. The changeling talent was inspired by the character, Bora Horza Gobuchul, from the Iain Banks novel, Consider Phlebas. And Counterpsionics was inspired by Philip K. Dick's excellent novel, Ubiq.

Players can have these talents at their referee's discretion. :)

paltrysum said:
It's got three new talents:
  • Botanical symbiosis
  • Changeling
  • Counterpsionics

The first is similar to machine symbiosis, presented in Aliens of Charted Space, Vol. 1. The changeling talent was inspired by the character, Bora Horza Gobuchul, from the Iain Banks novel, Consider Phlebas. And Counterpsionics was inspired by Philip K. Dick's excellent novel, Ubiq.

Players can have these talents at their referee's discretion. :)

Thank you!

paltrysum said:
The first is similar to machine symbiosis, presented in Aliens of Charted Space, Vol. 1. \

Wait, i think I missed this: Can you tell me where Machine Symbiosis can be found? I had a quick look at Aliens 1, but couldn't see it in there anywhere.

L23 said:
Wait, i think I missed this: Can you tell me where Machine Symbiosis can be found? I had a quick look at Aliens 1, but couldn't see it in there anywhere.

Oh, my bad. I was thinking they had replicated it from the MgT1 Zhodani book. They did not. Hopefully we'll have the chance to reintroduce that ability at some point in the future.

paltrysum said:
L23 said:

Oh, my bad. I was thinking they had replicated it from the MgT1 Zhodani book. They did not. Hopefully we'll have the chance to reintroduce that ability at some point in the future.

That's actually a relief - I have most of the 2nd ed books (apart from some of the adventures) and I couldn't remember ever seeing it, thought I was losing it!

While Machine Symbiosis is not called out specifically in Aliens of charted space volume 1 page 276, the actual psionic talents of Control, Interact, and Interrogate are there.

Back