Conan: Trial of blood (november 2007)

So far we know a few things:

1) There will be blood
2) There is a trial of some kind

Can't wait! Mayhap this is the mega campaign we have heard is coming.

Beginning levels? Sure...

...at first...

...but by the end it will be an entirely different story. :)

Yes indeed, Trial of Blood will be HUGE.

-Bry

Mongoose Steele said:

...at first...

:D

Can't wait for it!

Mongoose Steele said:

...at first...

-Bry
It tastes sweat.
Since I am on this forum I've been saying that Conan needs a big campaign because Conan stories are epic, even the short stories and I always felt the small scenarios didn't provide that aspect Howard put in so well (with all the massive battles he provided).
I am pleased I was heard. Thanks again Mongoose. :wink:

The King said:
Mongoose Steele said:

...at first...

-Bry
It tastes sweat.
Since I am on this forum I've been saying that Conan needs a big campaign because Conan stories are epic, even the short stories and I always felt the small scenarios didn't provide that aspect Howard put in so well (with all the massive battles he provided).
I am pleased I was heard. Thanks again Mongoose. :wink:

I love the taste of sweat on my adventure

It tastes like TPK.

:lol:

Trial by Blood is long overdue indeed. Should be great. 8)

If you guys get out to the RPG seminar at GenCon, I might be convinced to talk a bit about it and the bestiary.

We'll see. :)

Bry

From RPGnet:

Starting with RuneQuest's Blood of Orlanth this month and Conan's Trial of Blood a little later, every one of our major systems will get a 'mega' campaign every year, without fail.

Wow, a campaign. That's great.
Let's hope it won't follow the path of the campaign anounced for the 1st ed a while ago (MGP7712- Shadow of the Sorceror) and that never was released...

Just bumping the topic to know how well is the writing of this campaign (and release) advancing 8)

Check the upcoming products listing guys. Trial of Blood and Secrets of Skelos have been removed from the list and Return to the Road of Kings now has a shipping date of October 8th.

Can Mongoose give us an idea of how far back Tob and Sos have been pushed?

:?:

:shock:

I hope it isn't cancelled, else it would be the 2nd campaign in 2 years that we won't see.

Secrets of Skelos is still going to happen - just checkout the Planet Mongoose blog and the post by Gareth Hanrahan:

Next to that is the outline for Secrets of Skelos for Conan, a revised and expanded version of the 1st Edition Scrolls of Skelos. The (current) plan is to reprint and expand some bits of the old book, and then bring it up to 160 pages with new material, like regional spell styles, notes on a sorcerer-centred campaign and so on.

I know Bry's still working on Trial. I'd guess Jan/Feb for Scrolls, and Feb/Marchish for Trial, but that's a wild guess, unlike the massively accurate, carved in stone, never-ever-changing-and-always-correct dates on the website.

I'm glad they're not canceled, but I am once again disappointed. I don't know how others feel but I would rather wait until Mongoose can give us a more accurate publishing date for a product rather than experience the excitement/anticipation/frustration cycle that seems to accompany many of their products.

I'm not bashing them and I know missing publishing dates is not uncommon, especially in the gaming world, but I have found some of the "coming soon, err, maybe later, actually not at all" announcements disappointing.

Don't mean to bitch I just love the line and want it all NOW! :D

Back