Conan: The Dark Axe music files

Lucius

Mongoose
I emailed Cauldron, producers of the recent Conan PC and console game, roughly 3 months ago, asking if they ever planned on releasing the full soundtrack of the game (one of its few redeeming features!) Well, today I finally got a reply, and a link. :D

http://www.cauldron.sk/projects/conan/music.html

These are brilliant for background music for any Conan game, and some seem quite reminisant of the original fim soundtrack. Anyone interested in atmospheric music, I recommend them. Enjoy!

No problem. Apparently, they had a surge of emails about it. I especially recommend getting Kordava, and the Main Theme, by the way. ;)

edit: actually, just download them all!

Excellent! I was going to reinstall Conan:DA just to get the music, but now I don't have to. Thanks :)

Lucius said:
I emailed Cauldron, producers of the recent Conan PC and console game, roughly 3 months ago, asking if they ever planned on releasing the full soundtrack of the game (one of its few redeeming features!)

guess thats a no but good music :twisted:

Belkregos said:
is the actual game any good?

It's pretty average.

For a kick-ass game in the same genre, try God of War for the PS2:

http://us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97399/Site/main.asp

Although set in Mythic Greece (and not the Hyborian Age), it has "Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Nudity, Sexual Themes, Strong Language"... :shock:

It also has top-notch music and excellent graphics. I would say it's more high fantasy than sword and sorcery, but it's beautifully done.

- thulsa

Although set in Mythic Greece (and not the Hyborian Age), it has "Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Nudity, Sexual Themes, Strong Language"... :shock:

sound like my in-house slaine game :shock: :wink: :D

Thanks for the link! :D The music is not bad. However, taken as a whole, a bit plodding. One or two tracks stand out as worthy of attention. For suitable mood-music for the gaming experience, I prefer 19th century-early 20th, such as Sibelius. His "Tapiola" works well in painting the feel of a dark and mysterious forest-realm, such as Cimmeria. "Finlandia" is marvelous as is "The Daughter of the North" (if I translate the Finnish properly.) Wagner is an acquired taste that I have not fully acquired, but may please some. "Carmina Burana" (heard on Boorman's Excalibur soundtrack) is also good ear-candy.

Back