Conan PICTURES

demongg

Mongoose
My gang has been trying our best to use images from movies and images of actors (famous and unknowns) to "populate" our Conan game.
We use our Yahoo Club to post all the pics of NPCs and PCs.

Does anyone have any suggested links to find excellent pictures that fit in genre?

Either appropriate movie pix or actor pix with no traces of modern stuff.

For example I've used a great picture of Russel Crowe in Gladiator for a Villain and a great picture of Catherine Zeta Jones in dress that could be in period for a Beruit-like pirate captain.

I'm also looking for images of monsters and demons, the closer to photographs the better.

any links?
specific suggestions?

how about a list of movie titles to google?

thanks
-kev-

demongg said:
My gang has been trying our best to use images from movies and images of actors (famous and unknowns) to "populate" our Conan game.
We use our Yahoo Club to post all the pics of NPCs and PCs.

Does anyone have any suggested links to find excellent pictures that fit in genre?

Either appropriate movie pix or actor pix with no traces of modern stuff.

For example I've used a great picture of Russel Crowe in Gladiator for a Villain and a great picture of Catherine Zeta Jones in dress that could be in period for a Beruit-like pirate captain.

I'm also looking for images of monsters and demons, the closer to photographs the better.

any links?
specific suggestions?

how about a list of movie titles to google?

thanks
-kev-
movie pictures are often a good idea. Google searches for movies usually yield many sites with pictures, click on images when you do a search.

I like a couple of Burt Lancaster movies- The Crimson Pirate (1952), and The Flame and the Arrow (1950). (Both of these movies also starred Nick Cravat, Lancaster's partner from his circus acrobat days).
Then there's the Kirk Douglas/Tony Curtis movies The Vikings, and Spartacus.
There's lots of goofy/silly/pathetic (and rarely good) fantasy movies also. Any Miles O'Keefe movie is probably really bad but may have the kinds of pictures you'd want. Or one of the Sinbad movies have the kinds of pictures that would do really well for game purposes, maybe one of the Hercules movies; one of the old Hollywood movies like Samson and Delilah, or Cleopatra, or a newer one like The Thirteenth Warrior, or why not Red Sonja or (gulp) Kull.

As I was running out of ideas, I grabbed these URLs for suggestions on Amazon:
*Great Sword and Sorcery Movies - A list by dean_hughes, urban sorcerer
*Listmania! Best to Worst "B" Sword and Sorcery Movies
*Complete Guide to Fantasy, Sword and Sorcery Movies - A guide by kybernetes

Here's a forum listing movies at Conan.com:
http://www.conan.com/invboard/lofiversion/index.php/t1122.html

These should give you a start.

Bregales said:
movie pictures are often a good idea. Google searches for movies usually yield many sites with pictures, click on images when you do a search..

couple things - thanks for the efforts...

I do use Google Images.
I do not want to use Illustrations.
I do want to use Images from films and actors - real life looking.

I'm also just looking for NAMES of movies that might have possible images to google.

thanks
-kev-

Back