conan and slaine

claymore

Mongoose
so, two of the mightiest barbarians, i'm gonna do that game!!!!!
who would win?
where would they fight?
any thoughts?

claymore said:
so, two of the mightiest barbarians, i'm gonna do that game!!!!!
who would win?
where would they fight?
any thoughts?
I don't know the Slaine Comics but I think Conan, although not invicible or immortal, isn't made to loose a fight. He is a king of godly avatar Howard created to visit the Hyborian World with its decadent civilizations, its bloodthirsty idoles, its dark sorcery, its monsters beyond understanding lurking in the unlightened corners of the earth. Conan is the living witness of this world as Howard described it through his senses: we see what he sees and feel what he does. That is the magic of Howard where the Hyborian Age doesn't succomb to easy manicheism. Conan fights because he needs to, not because he wants to show who he is the better fighter.

slaine is a story in 2000 ad about a celtic hero, whom if he did meet conan would either respect his prowess or want his head! for slaine's tribe the red branch were head hunters, he would want to remove it cleanly so he could pickle it and talk to it on long winter nights as was the custom of his people!!! . In his youth he was arrogant and always picking fights and with the earth mothers gift of the warp spasm in which the earth power courses through him distorting his body and giving him great physical strength and prowess he is indeed a powerfull foe, plus the training in fighting he had as a child he is a paragon of the celtic race!!

claymore said:
slaine is a story in 2000 ad about a celtic hero, whom if he did meet conan would either respect his prowess or want his head! for slaine's tribe the red branch were head hunters, he would want to remove it cleanly so he could pickle it and talk to it on long winter nights as was the custom of his people!!! . In his youth he was arrogant and always picking fights and with the earth mothers gift of the warp spasm in which the earth power courses through him distorting his body and giving him great physical strength and prowess he is indeed a powerfull foe, plus the training in fighting he had as a child he is a paragon of the celtic race!!
I always new the Celts were head collectors (I read Pagan Shores on Irland in the Pendragon Game). They invented the HCG (Head collecting Game). :lol:

claymore said:
i'm definately gonna do it, seems to good to miss
The only restriction is that all of your players come from the same Cimmerian stock. But linked with an Aquilonian invasion like the one that resulted in the sack of Venarium (with the movie Braveheart in mind), this campaign could be something epic.

indeed, hordes of warriors sweeping across the battlefield, battle cries rent the air!!!
I can almost smell the mud, the fear, the valour!!!!

The King said:
In fact I had in mind to adapt the Slaine campaign to a Cimmerian setting.

Are you guys talking about the published campaign "Horned Lord and Moon Sow"? Is it any good?

Trodax said:
The King said:
In fact I had in mind to adapt the Slaine campaign to a Cimmerian setting.

Are you guys talking about the published campaign "Horned Lord and Moon Sow"? Is it any good?
Yes we're talking about the campaign in four books. I heard very good reviews about it.

the adventure is truly epic :D and fits well with a conan feel as slaine was always in the end betrayed like most celtic heroes.brought slaine as a gap filler before launching conan and still they want too play slaine more but in a all out contest slaine in warp would make conan into jam as conan himself said he was but a mortal man slaine is not and as he can take on demons one on one and wins it wouldnt be much of a contest :twisted:

not sure claymore as both have such massive egos that the whole world will fall or one of them will be minus a head :twisted:

They could probably "work" together for an adventure (like it was the case with Juma the Kushite).

Back