Complete Campaigns Question

apas

Mongoose
Hi!!

Today I found the "Complete Campaigns" Series and I sounds very interesting for me, but I haven't found a clue about the game world?
In what world play "The Drow War" and "Ruins of the Dragon Lord"?

Thanx for your answers.

Greetings
Thorsten

as far as Ive been told by old bear a while back these are self contained and you just play them then forget about them dont forget these products are huge and will take a group from 1st to epic without any add ons apart from the standard basic books hope that helps with your question :D

The Drow War is set in the World of Ashfar.

It was created in outline form for the Drow War and provides a unified setting for a campaign that stretches across continents. It is pretty standard except for a couple details and allows the author to write detailed encounter an save him from refer to "a small town" or "a beast diety".

It slips my mind where "Dragonlord" was set because the one of the other DMs was the other lead on this playtest project.

Dragonlord is more of a site adventure so if you can plop a mountain into your world it is easy to use.

I've been granted permission to record music for Ruins of the Dragon Lord... my first foray in fantasy theme music. Tell me what you want to hear! These will be download-only music thru RPGNow.com and won't be completed until after the WARS RPG Campaign Soundtrack I'm currently co-writing is much further along.

Cheers!

For Ruins of the Dragon Lord ambience, I recommend the following:

Mount Moru:

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma
Mussorsgky - A Night on Bald Mountain (I wrote the intro thinking of Disney's version)

The Morudhain:

Anything by Loreena MacKeenit
Antonin Dvorak: Cello concerto (1st Mov)
Beethoven: 7th symphony (2nd Mov)

Cheers,

JC

Cut said:
Has the soundtrack been made available yet?

No sorry. THe CD will not be made now. I did just finish and release an orchestrated fantasy score for a competitor's game here...

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stratos4

It's perfect for nearly any fantasy setting that uses elves, dwarves, humans, dragons, and dark magic.

Cut said:
Too bad, as I was just gearing up to run the campaign...

Sorry. It's the way of this industry though. Please check out the Ramlar Soundtrack... you might find it useful none-the-less.

Stratos said:
Cut said:
Has the soundtrack been made available yet?

No sorry. THe CD will not be made now. I did just finish and release an orchestrated fantasy score for a competitor's game here...

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stratos4

It's perfect for nearly any fantasy setting that uses elves, dwarves, humans, dragons, and dark magic.

I'm guessing the WARS RPG soundtrack is dead as well then?

Just going to listen to the samples of M V K in case it might suit for something. I need something for A:2089.

LBH

Yes - WARS is dead as well (which is a real shame because most of the music is nearly finished).

MvK - The Soundtrack (http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stratos5) is my new "hot" title. I think it'll work nicely for 2089... anything mecha or anime/manga.

Dunno, sounded a little too cartoony for A:2089 too me, maybe I'll give it another listen another time.

Don't get me wrong Stratos, I liked the music, just not what I'm looking for for the game.

LBH

Stratos said:
Yes - WARS is dead as well (which is a real shame because most of the music is nearly finished).

Well, it's your music, isn't it? Has it only been written or has it already been recorded? If so, share away :)

lastbesthope said:
Dunno, sounded a little too cartoony for A:2089 too me, maybe I'll give it another listen another time.

Don't get me wrong Stratos, I liked the music, just not what I'm looking for for the game.

LBH

Understood and no worries. There definitely is an "8-bit arcade" sense to MvK - the Soundtrack that I went for... which has made it popular with video game people.

Yeah, t is more video gamey than cartoony.

Still I do have Autumnal Slumber, Cybernet, Universe 87 and Riftwalker which are all good.

LBH

Back