Coming Soon - Darkness Rising II - Breakthrough

Da Boss

Mongoose
I am working hard on this little project and hope that it will be of interest for a few here :) the cover:

cover.jpg

The Great War – A Galaxy Reformed

The Earth year 2272 found a galaxy changed and forged anew in the fires of destruction. Great powers had fallen and arisen, new alliances forged, as the Shadow’s philosophy seemed to be enacted on the grandest scale.

Earth was as a great and vengeful phoenix, beginning now to consolidate its gains, accepting the Minbari surrender and probing the silent but still deadly borders of Vorlon space. The Centauri continued to dispute with the Drazi over the ruins of the Narn Regime, whilst the few remaining warships of that once proud race sought to continue the fight as best they could.

The Abbai and Brakiri, whilst deploring the widespread destruction continued towards their own confrontation with Earth as they sought more information on the Dilgar colony in Alliance space. Many of the smaller worlds of the League sought either to forge new alliances or settle old scores as tension rippled across known space and the Great Powers were seemingly oblivious to all but their own conflicts.

The war would drag on for nearly a decade before the war machines of the Great Powers ground to a halt, Earth faced with trying to absorb the vast gains of the victory, even as their allies seemed content to return to slumber. The Centauri and Drazi settling into a familiar pattern of raiding and minor skirmishes as both cast a watchful eye on their increasingly powerful neighbour.

Many people considered that the worst was over and that the galaxy could begin to rebuild but more conflict was to come. Other powers, as yet untouched by the recent conflagration decided that the time was right to assert their own authority, guided by forces from ancient times and from beyond the known universe.

The reach of these eldritch entities was long and insinuated itself across dimensions and time, extending tendrils of influence through even into a parallel reality. They found and exploited an unexpected opportunity – seeking to link the two universes and turn both of them into vast feeding grounds…..

I hope many will much of interest or just enjoy the wonderful images that I ahve been allowed to use and the superb models people have created for me.....

(also thanks to Chernobyl for the design of the logo!)

sounds good, whats the ships on the top?
may have to move it across to my forums at some point as only have 3 months or so left here for B5. although i'm sure fanmade stuff could go in off topic or something.

katadder said:
sounds good, whats the ships on the top?
may have to move it across to my forums at some point as only have 3 months or so left here for B5. although i'm sure fanmade stuff could go in off topic or something.

Have posted the same on your forum :)

You have already kindly linked part I - Part II should be here soon:) and hope to have link there two.

as to the ships at the top - I'll reveal more soon but they are from a "New Imperium" :D

interesting looking ship but its a bit different - no, The New Imperium has roots in B5 Universe - one infamous race and one obscure one...........

Wow i was just wondering about part II of this book yesterday. The Cover looks great.

I Can't wait to see how it turns out.

By the way it seem that the top ships have spinal mounted weapons, so perhaps the Hyach are involved in their construction.

M1ndr1d3rs said:
I think I see silhouette of the Sulaco there.. Hope it's an earth ship *fingers crossed* :D

fraid not - it does look a bit Sulaco like - its a scout ship for a space faring race a bit (but not a massive amount) older than humanity.

Da Boss said:
M1ndr1d3rs said:
I think I see silhouette of the Sulaco there.. Hope it's an earth ship *fingers crossed* :D

fraid not - it does look a bit Sulaco like - its a scout ship for a space faring race a bit (but not a massive amount) older than humanity.

Hmm.. we'll need a micro-machine scale Sulaco for it i guess.. :wink:

Back