City Maps : Aquilonia and Stygia

GalenKor

Mongoose
Hi everyone!
I just brought Stygia and I like it very much.
It is another great work by Vincent Darlage, it looks like a pervert deformation of ancient Egypt and I like that very much.

But I have a question and it concerns also Aquilonia.
The cities in these two books are very well described with lots of details and precision but I'm a little bit dissapointed by the fact that I miss the maps of these cities.
I don't ask for big maps like Mesentia or Shadizar but like the one we have in Heretics of Tarentia or Tower of the Elephant.
It could be of great use and as we say, a small picture worth more than a big text :wink:

Is there a way to have these maps?

Galen Kor

Actually I drew maps for the major Stygian cities. Unfortunately, as I understand it, when editors changed, the maps got lost (along with a considerable amount of text) and the new editor did not even know the maps existed. I didn't know they were lost until I got my copy of the book. I have since resubmitted the maps in hopes they appear in S&P, but I have no idea if they will appear or not.

VincentDarlage said:
Actually I drew maps for the major Stygian cities. Unfortunately, as I understand it, when editors changed, the maps got lost (along with a considerable amount of text) and the new editor did not even know the maps existed.
That's a bit disappointing. Thanks for the heads-up, Mr Darlage.

Sorry, Mongoose. I was planning on getting Stygia fast, but in that case I think I'll wait until there is a revised set with the maps.

EDIT: Dang, I forgot! I already ordered it. So let's hope Mongoose fixes that like they did with the Shadizar map.

VincentDarlage said:
Actually I drew maps for the major Stygian cities. Unfortunately, as I understand it, when editors changed, the maps got lost (along with a considerable amount of text) and the new editor did not even know the maps existed. I didn't know they were lost until I got my copy of the book. I have since resubmitted the maps in hopes they appear in S&P, but I have no idea if they will appear or not.

Considering how great the published Stygia is, I am now thirsty for more.... :D

It's a shame that Mongoose do not publish ALL the work submitted. :?

FailedSpotCheck said:
It's a shame that Mongoose do not publish ALL the work submitted. :?

I shudder at that thought - it presumes that everything I write is worthy of publication. Just because I think it is a good idea doesn't make it so. They have editors for a reason...

VincentDarlage said:
I shudder at that thought - it presumes that everything I write is worthy of publication. Just because I think it is a good idea doesn't make it so. They have editors for a reason...

Well, if the same editors that edit Starship troopers material are going over your works... you have a right to shudder... :shock:

With as great as Mongoose's Conan products have been, they always seem to have trouble with maps for some reason. I'm still waiting for my Shadizar map!

Sgt Zim said:
Well, if the same editors that edit Starship troopers material are going over your works... you have a right to shudder... :shock:

I have no idea who edits those works, but I have to say the Conan editors do a fantastic job of separating the wheat from the chaff, and only publishing the best of what I do.

Well -- the work you do is excellent... I've been following it for a number of years on your Inzuldun (sp?) website. Thanks for the great work.

DaveNC said:
With as great as Mongoose's Conan products have been, they always seem to have trouble with maps for some reason. I'm still waiting for my Shadizar map!

So am I and I drew the revised one!

Turloigh said:
EDIT: Dang, I forgot! I already ordered it. So let's hope Mongoose fixes that like they did with the Shadizar map.

you mean announce it and never send it to you ? :cry:

Valaryc said:
Turloigh said:

you mean announce it and never send it to you ? :cry:
Actually, I got it after waiting a couple of weeks (and sending a friendly reminder). And it should still be available as a download, too.

Pharoah Kromium said:
DaveNC said:
So am I and I drew the revised one!
I'm very sorry to hear that. Your revised map is excellent btw, one of the better maps I've come across!

By the way, is everyone aware that the Shadizar map is also available on the Conan page as a jpeg download? Just scroll down to the bottom of the web page to the section "Free Downloads." If you have a printing editor on your computer, you could print it in sections over several pages and tape them together, or go to a printing shop (like Staples in the U.S.) and have it printed on rollout paper. Our group's Scarred Lands GM (the guy who used to play the crazy Stygian in my group) has such a program, though I forget it's name.
VincentDarlage said:
That would be great, but they could also revive a long dormant process of posting them in the Free Downloads section of the Conan page! :eek: I heard your interview mentioned in the podcast thread, much appreciated.

Back