Check the Planet Mongoose blog guys

Or they'll come back in 2009 and go with unpainted plastic, metal, and resign kits before attemping pre-painted again.

ScipioAmericanus said:
Bubba:

Can I assume that you approve of my idea and are willing to do some graphics? Without pay? (Hmmm...that sounds like MGP!) Just joking on that...

Better yet...are you willing to do graphics and we'll talk???

To steal your motto: "SST Done Right."

Regards.

Yep, I'll do some graphics.

Hiromoon said:
Or they'll come back in 2009 and go with unpainted plastic, metal, and resign kits before attemping pre-painted again.

True that could happen... but it would go against the current trend now wouldn't it? Matt has stated he feels the future market will be in prepaint, he has also stated that he doesn't think these projects will be possible until the 2010 time frame...

Regardless I don't think either will happen anymore.

Ahem, to all my felow men, you are all great firends but ill be on the privateer press forms, in the near futer ill be cheaking agine for any good developments.

Good day to all.(pluse ill be cheaking other sites.)

Its not so bad if it does come back in 2009. Thats only 3 months more than they said.

Don't know whether I'm being serious or sarcastic!

I had big demo plans this year for the build-up for it.
Salute, Colours, Game expo, Warfare, Bovington...

Have to say, I am now much less inclined to do these. I find it really hard to demo RPGs as I do not have the brainpower to continue a game all day, even re-running the same game.
I might be able to do the starter Runequest one if it was all set out for me. I have all the books... :?

Looks like 2008 is my RPG year :(

Cheers.

I'm trying to see both sides now.
I'm over the initial 'shock' of it all. Now I'm justifying it and putting it how it is without sugar-coating it.

ya im done being terrified/ mad lol ima wait till 2009, either way i ahve time to work with my imperial guard army, even the history dont look good i trust mongoose will come back with starship troopers, either way good luck mongoose.

Rob_A said:
Have to say, I am now much less inclined to do these. I find it really hard to demo RPGs as I do not have the brainpower to continue a game all day, even re-running the same game.
It depends on the RPG. With SST you can make either make a real good fun-adventure with lots of dead bugs and troopers (rip-off character sheet anyone?) that doesn't need much brainpower or you can a real creepy cthullu-style horror session that gets your players frightend to death (of course you can also play this with rip-off character sheets).
And of course you should do this with another rulesystem than D20 ;)

Hi Guys,

Having been one of the most vocal and harshest critics of MGP, I'm sure that many of you expect me to "launch" my nukes and yet again excoriate MGP's handling of SST.

Well...read on.

I've had 24 hrs to digest the news. I've gone back over all of that background I've written and all of those graphics, and the rules I helped to write. I've thought about all those late nights I spent writing and going to work each morning irritable as hell. I've reviewed my trip to Swindon.

Here's what I have come up with:

If MGP can't make a go of SST, then God bless them for finally realizing it. I have met or corresponded with many of the principles, and they are all great guys. They have had to make a hard decision and they made it. That's business. I applaud them for realizing that miniatures just aren't their forte.

I can tell you that they are all passionate. Mis-guided sometimes, but nevertheless passionate. When I was in Swindon, it was the holiday season. Nevertheless, MGP employees were constantly in...I even helped them move furniture.

Is SST dead? In a word, "yes" as far as MGP are concerned. Will it continue otherwise? I don't know...but if you're a dedicated fan then go to

www.rowdyparrotgames.com

and maybe we can make some magic? As soon as I can, the site will be up and running with a forum. I won't promise any specific dates. My philosophy is "under-promise, over-deliver."

Regards to All,

Scipio

derek said:
BuShips said:
I always get the shakes before a drop. :wink:

Then take your pills :lol:

Cheers

Derek

Yes Derek, but I keep dropping the darn things and they always go between the cracks in the metal floor grating! Just wait until the ship needs the next overhaul and they take the gravity offline. Now THAT will be an interesting day. :lol:

cheers back atcha! Oh, I saw your frustrated post earlier, and I understand. What a rollercoaster we've been on. Matt was very gracious in offering the new rules, so maybe the rollercoaster ride hasn't ended yet. Don't bail out. While this game's been hit badly, the nerve stem might still be viable, heh.

I got a double hit, as I was just starting to collect the ACTA minis too. My first painted ship is now my avatar. Oh, well. :roll:

BuShips said:
cheers back atcha! Oh, I saw your frustrated post earlier, and I understand. What a rollercoaster we've been on. Matt was very gracious in offering the new rules, so maybe the rollercoaster ride hasn't ended yet. Don't bail out. While this game's been hit badly, the nerve stem might still be viable, heh.

Yes I do admit the rules and the army lists does sound good. Maybe MGP should start a 'FAN-AT-IK' division?

BuShips said:
I got a double hit, as I was just starting to collect the ACTA minis too. My first painted ship is now my avatar. Oh, well. :roll:

While not wanting to turn this into a scar comparing contest :roll: I will admit I was eyeing off getting a Minbari Fleet because my sole AOG Sharlin was looking a bit lonely. No1 Spawn, Lachlan has ACTA and I think he was eyeing off the 'Fanheads' because he wanted something to put up against the Beth's Narn fleet. We all thought well ......... :wink:

Cheers

Derek

I've been cautiously optimistic about no end of MGP stuff in recent years - the Evolution pre-paints, WOTS and so on, and it's all getting a bit too much. More than anything else, I was really looking forward to finally getting my hands on MI aircraft, but I guess i'm back to subbing, if I ever play SST again.

At this point, I'll be satisfied if I get a rulebook.

Wow...I'm just seeing this now and...just wow.

I was so happy about the WOTS announcement.

I was finally going to finish my exosuits.

I was thinking bout getting into ACTA.

And now the only thing Mongoose will continue to produce is friggin traveller rulebooks?

you guys are so off my bookmark list...

cOwgummi said:
And now the only thing Mongoose will continue to produce is friggin traveller rulebooks?

Traveller, B5, ACTA, BF:Evo+side games, Elric, Runequest, Conan and number of other I'm sure to have forgotten.

Back