Centauri Paint schemes

Purple and gold? Maroon and gold? Crimson and silver?

Or you could just put unassembled pieces on bases with some cotton balls for explosions :D

If your curios as to a color thats canon, Ral Partha made a paint called "Plum" (yes, I know, original isn't it). On top of white primer, its quite possibly a perfect purple to use

I use Liche Purple from Games Workshop. I haven't seen the creative "Plum", but from my experience, Liche Purple is as close as I got.

A thick coat of black followed by a thick coat of GW's Midnight Blue seems to produce a dark purple effect which looks different depending on the angle. I plan to try this on my Centauri when I actually get them...

I've used Black with Red and Gold Highlights to much effect. You can see'em in the Mongoose Gallery.

prelude_to_war said:
Blue and silver? Inspired by emperorpenguin's avatar...

I tried that on a Dargan but wasn't too keen myself, I like the classic gold and purple, but go for it, we all have different colour tastes.

WickedE has some cool A team coloured Centauri in the gallery!

Actually Whtstar2281's blue Centauri are pretty cool. He's got blue and gold which looks sharp...silver has potential. Buy yeah colors are really subjective.

prelude_to_war said:
Actually Whtstar2281's blue Centauri are pretty cool. He's got blue and gold which looks sharp...silver has potential. Buy yeah colors are really subjective.

As a fleet it will probably look great. As I said I did it on a Dargan (trying to give it that sneaky look as befitting its B5 Wars role) but it didn't fit with the rest of my fleet then

from the background the centauri navy is split into various fleets for defense, offense, and exploration if memry serves. 3 color schemes might be cool.
remembering something from the centauri fact book...

Nanite over at SCN has some original looking Centauri:

darkner.jpg

You can view the thread on his work - and additional pics - here. I like the idea of different houses represented by their paint scheme...

prelude_to_war said:

darkner.jpg

You can view the thread on his work - and additional pics - here. I like the idea of different houses represented by their paint scheme...

Yummie! Love that electric blue/violet thing here....and no metallic paint either....at least I think there's no metallic on it.

Anyhoo I'm doing my Centauri Lich/Warlock purple with a touch of pink and non metallic gold.

prelude_to_war said:

darkner.jpg

Cool...Hippy Centauri ;)

Back